Dan! i have a good idea!

threak

Oct 21, 2002
Not to deliberatley copy what opeth have done recently,but have you thought about getting toghether a line-up for EOS,and performing two sets.Set one being the whole of crimson,and set two obviously being the whole of crimson II.And filming the whole thing for a dvd.

Or you could just scrap the dvd idea and do a whole tour??

Do you imagine the other EoS guys wanting to play Crimson II when it's music that's entirely composed by Dan and music that they couldn't really give a rats ass about?
It's a good idea,but I'd prefer them to play their death metal stuff,mainly focusing on The Spectral Sorrows and Purgatory Afterglow and perhaps playing the whole Crimson I. Just playing the both Crimson's would seem weird to me...first almost an hour of technical death metal and then 40 minutes of prog metal...

So yeah it's a great idea though. Dan mentioned about wanting to do an EoS farewell gig here or in some interview sometime ago...

Yeah, I'd think they'd want to focus on "the good old days" if they did a farewell gig.. So even Crimson might not be something they'd want to do. Unorthodox and Spectral Sorrows could be the primary focus.. I guess I'm the only person in the world who thinks Unorthodox is the best Edge of Sanity album. I love them all (except Cryptic, and I'm not that fond of Infernal), but Unorthodox is my favorite.

Unorthodox is the first EOS i heard.I remember it being amazing,but then i had to reboot my hard drive and l lost it.I might try to buy it in london tommorow before the Arch Enmemy/Nevermore show.