Dan v Scott's Concert Guitar Swaps

ThraxSA

Apr 10, 2005
When I saw Anthrax here in Adelaide recently, I noticed that Scott used about 4 guitars during the show and Dan stuck to his PRS (I think it is) for the whole performance.

Would that be because Scott uses different tones/settings for various songs while Dan just manages with the set-up he has with the PRS/Pedels ?

I would of thought that it would be the opposite, that Dan would need different sounds for the various lead work, as opposed to a guitar set up for rhythm stuff.

Actually, I was a little surprised that Dan didn't use a Jackson Roads model he used previously in his career....

ThraxSA said:
When I saw Anthrax here in Adelaide recently, I noticed that Scott used about 4 guitars during the show and Dan stuck to his PRS (I think it is) for the whole performance.

Would that be because Scott uses different tones/settings for various songs while Dan just manages with the set-up he has with the PRS/Pedels ?

I would of thought that it would be the opposite, that Dan would need different sounds for the various lead work, as opposed to a guitar set up for rhythm stuff.

Actually, I was a little surprised that Dan didn't use a Jackson Roads model he used previously in his career....
Because he was no more endorse by Jackson.

That PRS is actually a "Spitz" Signature Model. I only know that because I was close enought to see that is said his name on the Headstock of the guitar. And if you notice, he has the Ninja Turtle artwork on it, it is just more obscure then it use to be - all dark colors.

As for Scott, I think he just likes to change guitars because he has so many neat ones. He had some kick ass guitars before (which I'm sure he still has somewhere) that he never plays now. Remember the "Matrix" guitar? Or that AWESOME Jackson that was half fretless!!! That thing was so kick ass. I emailed him asking him where he got that thing a while ago and go figure, I never got a reply.