Dark Ambient?

werewolf

New Metal Member
Apr 18, 2013
i was wondering what artists to go for?. the ones i like so far are lustmord,desiderill marginis.

I'm not remotely an expert on this stuff, but Halo Manash is the only one I know of that kind of fulfilled my hopes back when I first heard of the genre in the context of the Diablo soundtracks, and I enjoy their Par-Antra I: VIR album a lot. I guess they're also called "ritual ambient", which is apparently a more tribal/percussive variant of dark ambient or something.

EDIT: Also a fan of Voice of Eye's Transmigration fwiw.

one of my favorite dark ambient albums is the steve roach + lustmord STALKER. it's a mandatory listen if you've ever seen the Stalker film which is honestly a 10/10 classic IMO or read the novel Roadside Picnic. Raison d'Etre is another mandatory dark ambient project IMO. especially the albums The Empty Hollow Unfolds, In Sadness, Silence And Solitude, Requiem for Abandoned Souls

Try:
Dark Ages: 'A Chronicle Of The Plague'

darkages.jpg

Sunn O))): 'Monoliths & Dimensions'

3432915_300.jpg

Beherit: 'H418ov21.C'

3274.jpg

Scott Walker's 'The Drift' isn't dark ambient, but it's pretty terrifying if that's what you're looking for:

drift.jpg

I endorse nearly everything posted here. Lustmord is fucking amazing. Heresy is terrifying.

You might like some of the neoclassic stuff like Arcana and Elend. Check them out.