Dark Ambient

Ozzloaf

Art Geek
Jun 14, 2008
Hey,
Can you guys recommend me some Dark Ambient music? I've found this stuff is just awesome to draw to.
The only stuff I know of in this genre is Sunn O))) and Lustmord.
I'd appreciate some suggestions... :)
Jake

Well... I'm more looking for instrumental stuff. Lustmord is for the most part instrumental (and when it's not, the lyrics aren't distracting) and Sunn O)))'s vocals are very low in the mix so I can barely hear them or understand them.
Still... Devil Doll is very cool.

Most of the stuff mentioned has dark ambient in it. Aren't you after straight dark ambient? If so then get both the Æthenor albums, Biosphere, Dark ages, Diagnose: Lebensgefahr- Transformalin, Jacaszek- Treny, maybe give Darkspace a go which is ambient bm in the veins of what you were listening to in the np, Twilight, Brian Eno, Boris and Arcana. That's all I can think about atm. Definitely get Diagnose: Lebensgefahr- Transformalin and Æthenor's two albums.

Maybe try Sleepless - Winds Blow Higher. I'm not exactly sure if they fit your catergory, but you may as well try it...

If you're into the more eerie dark ambient stuff:

Maeror Tri-Myein
Troum-any album
Nadja-Radiance of Shadows or Bodycage
Staruha Mha-Fires
Aghast-Hexari im Zweilicht der Finsternis (serously one of the creepiest albums I've ever heard)
Ad Lux Tenebrae-Sketches from that Autumn (recorded in a hut in the Uaral mountain with homemade instruments=gryym)

Yeh sean.. LIKE YOU KNOW ANYYYYYYTHING ABOUT MUSIC.

Not exclusively ambient.. But still fucking amazing and generally eery as fuck.

Akira Yamaoka's silent hill 1, 2 and 3 and 'Zero' soundtracks.