dark tranquillity european tour 2005

rahvin

keeper of the flame
Oct 10, 2001
safe but not far from the city
from the official website:

-----------------------

Great news! We'll team up with thrash pioneers KREATOR and two other as-yet-undisclosed bands for a European tour early next year.

These are the dates confirmed so far. As usual, the band isn't in any way involved in the booking process, so don't waste your time mailing us regarding the tour schedule.

Feb. 02 - Salzburg (A) Rockhouse
Feb. 03 - Zagreb (HR) Tvornica
Feb. 04 - Budapest (HU) Petöfi Hall
Feb. 05 - Wien (A) Planet Music
Feb. 06 - Graz (A) Orpheum
Feb. 07 - Llubljana (SLO) VtK
Feb. 08 - Treviso (I) New Age
Feb. 09 - Mailand (I) Rolling Stone
Feb. 10 - Montpellier (F) Rockstore
Feb. 11 - Bergara (E) Jam
Feb. 12 - Madrid (E) Arena
Feb. 13 - Barcelona (E) Razzmatazz 1
Feb. 14 - Lyon (F) Transbordeur
Feb. 15 - Paris (F) Elysee Montmatre
Feb. 16 - London (GB) Electric Ballroom
Feb. 17 - Antwerpen (B) Hof ter Lo
Feb. 18 - Tilburg (NL) O13
Feb. 19 - Osnabrück (D) Dütehalle/Georgsmarinenhütte
Feb. 20 - Oberhausen (D) T-Club Turbinenhalle
Feb. 21 - Langen (D) Stadthalle
Feb. 23 - Stuttgart (D) Longhorn
Feb. 24 - Nürnberg (D) Hirsch
Feb. 25 - Pratteln (CH) Z7
Feb. 26 - Kaufbeuren (D) Zeppelinhalle
Feb. 27 - Glauchau (D) Alte Spinnerei
Feb. 28 - Berlin (D) Columbiaclub
Mar. 01 - Hannover (D) Faust
Mar. 02 - Hamburg (D) Markthalle
Mar. 03 - Göteborg (S) Musikens Hus
Mar. 04 - Oslo (NO) Betong
Mar. 05 - Stockholm (S) Klubben

Other happenings in the ever-expanding D.T. universe: The "Lost to apathy" video clip is now finished, and some preview images will be posted here soon.

-----------------------

it's too early for me to say how many shows i'll be able to attend to. the two dates in italy for sure and the one in montpellier, in all likelihood. quite probably, i'll be at other venues as well but it all depends on my uni exams/classes and if i'm not somewhere else already. i'll let everybody know in time, anyway, and if you happen to be a um user who's going to be at a gig i'll attend to, you're welcome to contact me for forum/band meetings.

rahv: it'd be reasonable to attend the slovenian date too since you're going to be in treviso the following day anyway....

it's too cold, this tour. if i happen to be up north at the beginning of february, which i may be on university grounds, i'll chime in for the milan show. still, i'll repeat that it's too cold.

rahvin: I hope you're right, since that as far as I can see should mean headlining in sweden.

MP-AKK said:
Kreator will headline, anything else would just be strange?
not at all. just look at the slayer/slipknot tour, they've switched headliber/opener. and I'm not too sure kreator will have the biggest audience in all places.

Erik said:
Hehe, sorry, but saying that DT is bigger than Kreator ANYWHERE is deluding yourself... I mean feel free to prove me wrong but Kreator is just fucking up there with the giants of metal, DT is comparitively a niche band.
while certainly true if we look at the whole career, it happens at times that some big bands just shrink to average-to-small size. for instance, i'm pretty sure a band like helloween doesn't have a tenth of the fans it used to. i'm not saying this has happened to kreator (who are awesome anyway :p), but maybe in some countries they're really not as popular now as they were in the old days?

and they're probably old and want to get to bed early, so they can't play headliner.

Delirious said:
not at all. just look at the slayer/slipknot tour, they've switched headliber/opener. and I'm not too sure kreator will have the biggest audience in all places.

Come on, the tour is obviously streched out to reach a german speaking audience just like Rusty indicated with his sweet sarcastic post. If you're indicating that DT is the no. 1 band in that region, and you're serious, I'm gonna dress up as Rudolf Schenker for Halloween.

Erik said:
So what is it the young 'uns call things like this? Oh yes, SEVERE PWNAGE. :D
oh, what would i know of young 'uns lingo? :rolleyes: ;)

but yes, i don't dispute kreator's fame, or their importance. along with testament, they're my favourite thrash band of old. :) but it's amazing the stuff the young 'uns listen to today, you know?

MP-AKK said:
Come on, the tour is obviously streched out to reach a german speaking audience just like Rusty indicated with his sweet sarcastic post. If you're indicating that DT is the no. 1 band in that region, and you're serious, I'm gonna dress up like Rudolf Schenker for Halloween.
of course I'm not, even though it's a nice halloween costume idea :p
I simply wondered if there was any chance DT would headline (here in sweden, since that's where I am), no band size comparison was intended.

Erik said:
Hehe, sorry, but saying that DT is bigger than Kreator ANYWHERE is deluding yourself... I mean feel free to prove me wrong but Kreator is just fucking up there with the giants of metal, DT is comparitively a niche band.
not bigger, no, but that's not necessarily the same thing as how many that will show up. I just didn't think, and still don't, that it'd be very strange having dt headlining here. but then, that might be because of me being quite young (I know a lot more people that'd go for dt than kreator) and a bit partial... :rolleyes:

but then there might be something to what rahvin says. I mean, the stockholm gig is at the place which dt headlined on the damage done tour. a band with "giants of metal" status today wouldn't be booked for a place that takes about (I think) 700 people...

edit: just saw rahvin's post.

assuming "mailand" is actually milan, i'll be there. if not, i need to figure out where mailand is before i say anything. :p

@rahvin: your uni exams/classes?
eek.gif

rahvin said:
it's too early for me to say how many shows i'll be able to attend to. the two dates in italy for sure and the one in montpellier, in all likelihood. quite probably, i'll be at other venues as well but it all depends on my uni exams/classes and if i'm not somewhere else already. i'll let everybody know in time, anyway, and if you happen to be a um user who's going to be at a gig i'll attend to, you're welcome to contact me for forum/band meetings.
you will be on my side (by the base rigg) and MIXING MY DRINK´S THE WHOLE TOUR :hotjump: :hotjump:
dont forget about that !!! ok o_O

cheers dude :worship: