Dark Tranquillity lyrics survivor round 1 A

Which song lyrics do you think are not as good as the others?

• A Bolt of Blazing Gold

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Shadow Duet

• My Faeryland Forgotten

• Alone

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Of Chaos and Eternal Night

• Punish My Heaven

• The Gallery

• The One Brooding Warning

• Midway Through Infinity

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Lethe

• Zodijackyl Light

• Hedon

• Insanity's Crescendo

• Still Moving Sinews

• Tongues

• Freecard

• Auctioned

• To A Bitter Halt

• Nether Novas

• On Your Time

• Total voters

RampageSword

AWARE! BEWARE! WAR!
Aug 22, 2005
Montreal
Well then, let me introduce you to this wonderful poll! I thought of this poll subject a good while ago and I figured I'd wait for Villain to finish his song survivor before starting mine. However, it's been a long while since Villain hasn't posted on the forum due to his work and such. So I decide to post mine right now.

Here is how it works. Inspired by Villain's survivor, I figured it would be nice to do the same thing but while focusing on the lyrics of the songs, since I think we all agree that DT's lyrics are as important as their music. So, all you have to do is vote for the song which you think is not as good as the others and a every round, one song is eliminated. Now, in the beginning, the poll is divided in 2 parts so be sure to vote in both polls. Once the amount of songs is reasonablle I'll narrow it to one poll.
Also, please read or be sure that you know the lyrics to a song entirely before voting it off. Otherwise, this poll would kind of lose the point.

I would also like to clarify a few things. As you will notice, not every single song from DT is on this poll. It is that way because if I would have used every song, the survivor would last about 3-4 years. That is way too long. So I selected 5 songs for each major release, which I consider to be the best lyric-wise. I made this selection based on the songs' meaning, imagery, rythm and originality. Of course, I had rahvin's approval of my selections before posting anything (it's always better to get a second opinion). I am aware that some of you would like to see [insert song name] in the poll but I would ask of you not to express your frustration on the thread. If you have something to say, just pm me.

Alright, I guess this is all, so have fun and be sure to vote in time, every round will last for two weeks!

And rahvin, if you could make this a sticky, it'd be nice. Thank you.

Yeah, now that you say that, I feel I should've put "The Emptiness From Which I Fed" instead of Midway but whatever. This will not deeply affect the poll's result in the end.

Also, thank you for posting your reasons for your vote. makes the whole thing more interesting.

IMO, Freecard is too much of a decrescendo. The lyrics start off good but the ending is too rude. I feel like it kills the mood.

Hey all, i think Punish My Heaven is the worst DT song so far !!!

Midway through infinity is pretty good but Emptiness from I fed is way better I think. Anway, have yourselves a nice day !

Looks by the vote that Projector is the least loved album...clean vocals probably sacre some people !

Pwnzorator said:
Hey all, i think Punish My Heaven is the worst DT song so far !!!

Midway through infinity is pretty good but Emptiness from I fed is way better I think. Anway, have yourselves a nice day !

Looks by the vote that Projector is the least loved album...clean vocals probably sacre some people !

Just incase you weren't sure, this vote is based on the songs lyrics, not the music... :headbang: