Dark Tranquillity lyrics survivor round 1 B

Which song lyrics do you think are not as good as the others?

• The Wonders At Your Feet

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Indifferent Suns

• Fabric

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rundown

• Emptier Still

• Monochromatic Stains

• Single Part of Two

• Format C: for Cortex

• The Enemy

• Final Resistance

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Static

• Cornered

• Unfurled by Dawn

• Vernal Awakening

• Void of Tranquillity

• The New Build

• Out of Nothing

• Lost to Apathy

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Am I 1?

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Senses Tied

• Total voters

RampageSword

AWARE! BEWARE! WAR!
Aug 22, 2005
Montreal
Well then, let me introduce you to this wonderful poll. I thought of this poll subject a good while ago and I figured I'd wait for Villain to finish his song survivor before starting mine. However, it's been a long while since Villain hasn't posted on the forum due to his work and such. So I decide to post mine right now.

Here is how it works. Inspired by Villain's survivor, I figured it would be nice to do the smane thing but while focusing on the lyrics of the songs. So, all you have to do is vote for the song which you think is not as good as the others and a every round, one song is eliminated. Now, in the beginning, the poll is divided in 2 parts so be sure to vote in both polls. Once the amount of songs is reasonablle I'll narrow it to one poll.
Also, please read or be sure that you know the lyrics to a song entirely before voting it off. Otherwise, this poll would kind of lose the point.

I would also like to clarify a few things. As you will notice, not every single song from DT is on this poll. It is that way because if I would have used every song, the survivor would last about 3-4 years. That is way too long. So I selected 5 songs for each major release, which I consider to be the best lyric-wise. I made this selection based on the songs' meaning, imagery, rythm and originality. Of course, I had rahvin's approval of my selections before posting anything (it's always better to get a second opinion). I am aware that some of you would like to see [insert song name] in the poll but I would ask of you not to express your frustration on the thread. If you have something to say, just pm me.

Alright, I guess this is all, so have fun and be sure to vote in time, every round will last for two weeks!

And rahvin, if you could make this a sticky, it'd be nice. Thank you.

Lost to Apathy. Namely, overrated. I think the lyrics are sometimes too straight to the point. DT can definitely do better than "Look at the shell that is you" I think this is one of the few cliché images they ever used.

Hmmmm...don't really like the songs from a Moonclad Reflection, think theyre not melodic enough for me. (i do listent to some raw stuff though, Leviathan, Xasthur...) It just doesnt fit DT as we know it

RampageSword said:
Dude it's a lyrics poll. Don't care if you like the music. I want to know if you like the lyrics.

call it cynicism, but i was expecting this would happen. next there'll be the people who vote for their favorite song, because actually reading a text longer than one line is an admission of defeat.

yeah I thought that would happen. I'm only trying to delay the apocalypse...I'll fight 'til the end. Besides, most of the regulars on the forum know better than voting without good reason.

RampageSword said:
yeah I thought that would happen. I'm only trying to delay the apocalypse...I'll fight 'til the end. Besides, most of the regulars on the forum now better than voting without good reason.

we'll just purge the nonsense. next rounds, make the polls transparent so i can see who voted for what and intervene as the context suggests.

RampageSword said:
how do i do that?

When creating a poll there has to be an option or something to make the poll transparent, i.e. to enable anybody to see who actually voted for the given song by clicking on the number of votes. You remember, in the song survivor you were sometimes able to click on the number of votes (say, 10) and you could actually see the nicks of those 10 people. Btw. some of those nicks were quite obscure, so cheating was probably involved, too. Thats the other thing a good enema could solve, what do you say, rahv? ;)

Alright, time's up, so rahvin, if you could close and unstick this first round, I'll post round two right after.