www.darktranquillity.com
Might as well make a habit of posting the newsletters
here as well...

Martin Brändström will be playing keyboards for Tiamat
on their upcoming European tour, which will take place in
March/April. Some dates are already available at the official
Tiamat homepage (www.churchoftiamat.com), and
more will be added soon.

Make sure to attend if they're playing in your area!

/Niklas

well, they're playing in the nearby area in march, so i'll probably go and take a look at how martin's doing. hope the guys in tiamat will treat him well.

@hedon: does he still dig pet shop boys? ;)

@everybody: any clue as to what the new tiamat will sound like?

rahvin.

there are no dates in France for now :(
i think they should play there ...

Moonspell is _very_ popular here and can't do not play to support their last album ... and Tiamat should go with :)

i will try to download Suburbia, i am very curious to hear it, the only song i know from PSB is Go West, and i never thought i could be told here to check this band ...

Originally posted by aegis
i will try to download Suburbia, i am very curious to hear it, the only song i know from PSB is Go West, and i never thought i could be told here to check this band ...

this is quite a surprising board. ;)

you might want to try also: it's a sin, yesterday when i was mad, up against it.
good luck. :)

rahvin.

it's a sin was nice when it was released, I came bored of the song when 90% of the techno DJ's here fucked the song up with their mixes (snifff)
I'm much fond of REM or even Depeche Mode (even they differ a little)

and yes, this is a surprising forum!

I dig the Pet Shop Boys. (But not in THAT way). :)

Duran Duran and Depeche Mode are great '80s band too. I would like to see (hear) D.T. do a cover of a Depeche Mode song, like In Flames.

Originally posted by Final_Vision
Final_Vision: Who Still has no fucking clue who the Pet Shop Boys are........

the pet shop boys are a musical duo from england formed in the early '80s. they started playing some mixture of early disco/house music with a few dance elements, back when in the discos you could hear (or so they say, obviously i wasn't there ;) ) pretty emotive, keyboard-intensive stuff like new order ('true faith') and dead or alive ('you spin me round').
pet shop boys quickly found a comfy yet unassuming niche, due to their intelligent lyrics (something that didn't come easy or at all to disco music) and some stern, cold, no-nonsense vocals by their singer, neil tennant.
during the '80s, their obvious golden age, the pet shop boys wrote catchy songs that were never sloppy or beating around the bush: in a very straightforward way they managed to capture short pictures of the world around them (the eighties in england were quite an inspiration, socially speaking) and played keyboards-and-vocals-only tracks with just the right amount of choruses and stuff.
a certain popularity was reached with the hit 'it's a sin', but then the boys fell back into more or less oblivion.
in the 90's, they finally got through to the masses with (of course) poorer songs like a mediocre 'go west' cover and the recent easy-listening triumph 'i don't know what you want but i can't give it anymore'. they actually managed to make enough money to try their hand at a very ambitious project: a disco-musical with a peculiar storyline.
they finally made it last year, when 'closer to heaven' was a theatre success in london.
one of many interesting traits in pet shop boys is the fact that the members are out-of-the-closet homosexuals who have a long-lasting and intense relationship. most of the lyrics by pet shop boys are about gays also, and so is the story in their musical.
to top it up (you asked for it!), i'm gonna post the lyrics to one of the '90s song that still absolutely rocks (or should i say dances? ;) ). that's about the music industry, or so i think.

pet shop boys -- yesterday, when i was mad

"darling, you were wonderful, you really were quite good
i enjoyed that though, of course, no-one understood
a word of what was going on, they didn't have a clue
they couldn't understand your sense of humour like i do"

you're much too kind
i smiled, with murder on my mind

yesterday, when i was mad
and quite prepared to give up everything
admitting, i don't believe
in anyone's sincerity
and that's what's really got to me

"you have a certain quality, which really is unique
expressionless, such irony, although your voice is weak
it doesn't really matter 'cause the music is so loud
of course it's all on tape, but no-one will find out"

you hated me too
but not as much as i hated you

yesterday, when...

then, when i was lonely
i thought again
and changed my mind

then we posed for pictures with the competition winnes
and argued about the hotel rooms and where to go for dinner
and someone said "it's fabulous you're still around today
you've both made such a little go a very long way"

yesterday, when...

--- --- --- --- ---

rahvin.

I just set at my room and watch MTV channel with Italian TOP 20 . I found the band which called "The Ark" with the soundclip called "Let your body decide" and it really good thing for me... Maybe it a bit like Depeche Mode .... Soundclip has got good impression!
i downloaded their lastest album and checked it out... It's really good and reposeful band at my opinion... Did anyone hear it? What do you think about?

Eh, after that overly-long discussion about that horrible band (yes, I do NOT like ANY of their songs :) ), could we get back to the point? Does someone know, how the new Tiamat sounds? Is it perhaps like Skeleton Skeletron (which wasn't too bad to me - unlike some other people around here #cough#phyre#cough#)?

-Villain (who's pretty sure Tiamat will NEVER play in Finland...)

Listen to the wise Phyre... The Ark Are one of the latest Swedish hypes. Everyone "must" listen to them, but it does not stop there. Everyone "must" like them, just because they are "modern" in Sweden that is: gay, feminist and to do what "you" want...Not that I dislike any of those so called modern stuff, just that _everyone_ must like it and constantly tells eachother that "Ola Sari (or whatever his name is, the singer) is soooo brave and incredible on stage and writes incredible lyrics blahblahblah" Yuch!

-phyros (getting angry at the masses in Sweden, but understanding that there really ARE The Ark listeners that like them for their music, so well, feel free to do soo (am I nice or what? )

Edit: Woaaa Vilain, sorry for posting this, you were faster that me on that send button..:)

Thanks for reply guys!
Villain , we get back ....

"The B-52s of scandinavian gothic metel is back".... does it not tell something?
I think, it will not "Skeleton Skeletron", not "Wildhoney", not "Not a Deeper Kind of Slumber"...
Hey, what does first several letters mean in phrase above?

Originally posted by rahvin
never heard of the ark before. this time i'm innocent as a baby. :)

rahvin.

HAH! Rahvin as innocent as a baby? :D

Hmm, I think your new name should be "the pet shop boys encyclopedia".........

Originally posted by Final_Vision

HAH! Rahvin as innocent as a baby? :D

Hmm, I think your new name should be "the pet shop boys encyclopedia".........

don't they have smileys with halos on this board? ;)

as for my new title, i better avoid that. it would lead to talk. ;)

rahvin.

Originally posted by DefeatScythe

"The B-52s of scandinavian gothic metel is back".... does it not tell something?
I think, it will not "Skeleton Skeletron", not "Wildhoney", not "Not a Deeper Kind of Slumber"...
Hey, what does first several letters mean in phrase above?

You mean the B-52, right? B-52 is an american bomber airplane, Strato Fortress or Super Fortress it is/was called. Can't remember which. I always mix up those two.