Darkthrone-Too Old, Too Cold

I think its fairly good stuff, though I haven't listened to it for a while.

I think those fucking pseudo-tr00-kvlt black metal purists should accept the Darkthrone hasn't played true black metal for a while now. Sure, "Transylvanian Hunger" was amazing but they are doing what they want to do, not trying to be something else for the sake of others.

Seriously, I'd like to see one of them argue with Fenriz about what true black metal is. That's definitely worth a laugh.

VampyrRose said:
Seriously, I'd like to see one of them argue with Fenriz about what true black metal is. That's definitely worth a laugh.

Especially when you think about that most of the true kvlt Black Metal lunatics of today are not even as half old as Fenriz is... :D

"Call is Black Metal or Evil Rock, I don't care." - Fenriz 2005

"Probably sounds something like Motorhead meeting Hellhammer on a Crust Punk/Necrothrash gig in '85''" - Fenriz 2005

Dodens Grav said:

"Probably sounds something like Motorhead meeting Hellhammer on a Crust Punk/Necrothrash gig in '85''" - Fenriz 2005

That's exactly the direction they should take.

Dodens Grav said:
You better be joking. Seriously. I will hunt you down and kill you.

You'd go through all that trouble just because my opinion is different from your own? Or is threatening someone over the internet as far as you'll go?

All the darkthrone i've heard is great especially when shit faced into oblivion. I will probably eventually check out the new one.

Dodens Grav said:

Great quotes :Spin:

Susperia said:
You'd go through all that trouble just because my opinion is different from your own? Or is threatening someone over the internet as far as you'll go?

I just think you should agree with me because I kick ass.

Freanan said:
I really like the first three bm albums by Darkthrone and was bored by "Hate Them".
Now to my surprise i see positive reviews for the new Darkthrone.
Is it better then "Hate Them"? Should i buy it in the end?

Are you not aware of Sardonic Wrath? Just curious.

The new Darkthrone material has taken on a more punk-oriented tone.

I'm actually liking the new stuff better than any of the stuff in the last few years. Though "Transylvanian Hunger" will always be their best IMO.