Darkthrone-Too Old, Too Cold

You've read the wrong things then...Sardonic Wrath is more approachable to traditional Darkthrone fans than Hate Them was, I'd say. You might be interested in listening to it.

i'm still waiting to hear it....i'm surprised they're covering a banshees song. it isn't exactly siouxsie's best material, but i'm sure it won't sound anything like the original so it doesn't really matter.

I got the single, finally.
Hilarious retro black with punk nad rock 'n' roll elements...I know they are tr00 and shit (and they are the only kvlted BM that I respect in nowadays) so stay tr00 and make albums like from 1990, dull die hard fans will devour them.

If they would release another BM clone, I would be satisfied, but this sounds even worse.

Fredy_Brown said:
I got the single, finally.
Hilarious retro black with punk nad rock 'n' roll elements...I know they are tr00 and shit (and they are the only kvlted BM that I respect in nowadays) so stay tr00 and make albums like from 1990, dull die hard fans will devour them.

If they would release another BM clone, I would be satisfied, but this sounds even worse.

Darkthrone doesn't play music to please YOU, they play music because they love the 80s and especially Celtic Frost, that's why too old, too cold is very celtic frostish.

They are not "tr00 and shit," you dolt, they're two guys that drink and smoke a lot and listen to old school Black Metal and Punk and make music. Period.

Dodens Grav said:
They are not "tr00 and shit," you dolt, they're two guys that drink and smoke a lot and listen to old school Black Metal and Punk and make music. Period.
001-032-001.jpg

ST123.jpg

I just wonder why they have it on thier merchandise.

I don´t think so, band members know what is printed on merchandise.
Merchandise is a part of band´s promoting, Darkthrone promote themself like TNBM.

Dodens Grav said:
Darkthrone doesn't even call their music Black Metal at this point.

Probably because they are sick of the current 'black metal scene' and could care less what a bunch of narrow-minded teens want to label them as.

Like they said "We've got nothing to prove, too old, too fucking cold". They've been making Black Metal for almost 16 years, I think they've earned the right to put out the music they want to put out instead of conforming to a bunch of necro bedroom warriors who won't listen to anything that's not "tr00". I'd like to see you start a BM band Fredy_Brown and continue making clones over 16 years after you started it. I thought you're supposed to be the open-minded one who listens to shitty and overly produced mainstream bands?

And in referance to the shirts, those have a copyright from 1998, that was a long time ago for two guys who are now close to/in their mid 30's.