Darkthrone-Too Old, Too Cold

I gotta say I really love the new direction they've taken on Too Old, Too Cold. It's like an aggressive punk-metal style in the vein of old Bathory and Venom. My kinda shit. "Graveyard Slut" and the title-track just totally kick ass. I can't wait to hear the full-length now.

I could never really feel anything for Darkthrone... And my 's' key just popped right off the keyboard. Great. This is not my month.

Fredy_Brown said:
001-032-001.jpg

ST123.jpg

I just wonder why they have it on thier merchandise.
ironically, by playing along with the exploitative judeo-christian capitalist system by selling and marketing themselves, darkthrone prove to be not true at all...

Lyle said:
ironically, by playing along with the exploitative judeo-christian capitalist system by selling and marketing themselves, darkthrone prove to be not true at all...
its theyre label you FAGGOT :mad:

Susperia said:
I could never really feel anything for Darkthrone... And my 's' key just popped right off the keyboard. Great. This is not my month.
i'd like to pop your s key right off my keyboard if you know what im getting at ;) ;) ;)

ProjectedBlack said:
I'd like to see you start a BM band Fredy_Brown and continue making clones over 16 years after you started it. I thought you're supposed to be the open-minded one who listens to shitty and overly produced mainstream bands?
1. I am not a musician but there are bands that play more that 16 years and don´t make clones, of course that not in black metal, cause black metal is strongly limited.
2. Mainstream = bad, right? What a retarded opinion. And you don´t know what I listen to, mr.balck metal.

Fredy_Brown said:
2. Mainstream = bad, right? What a retarded opinion. And you don´t know what I listen to, mr.balck metal.

You posted it in another thread. Mainstream doesn't neccasarily mean bad, but Brittany Spears does, music like that is all a market scheme to make a bunch of old guys as much money as they can.

You've argued in the defense of Dimmu Borgir, basically saying that by going with a more mainstream approach, it has made them a better band (if you like them, cool, but don't make shit arguments). You've argued that Venom is not Black Metal despite the fact that early Bathory and Mayhem drew HEAVILY off of them. You've said that people who wear Metal clothes are close-minded and that they're stupid because they can't meet people while wearing Metal shirts, etc. You've said that Metalheads are close-minded, basically because a lot of them don't like the music you like. I could probably draw up a few more things, I think you're the one with a retarded opinion.

ProjectedBlack said:
You posted it in another thread. Mainstream doesn't neccasarily mean bad, but Brittany Spears does, music like that is all a market scheme to make a bunch of old guys as much money as they can.

You've argued in the defense of Dimmu Borgir, basically saying that by going with a more mainstream approach, it has made them a better band (if you like them, cool, but don't make shit arguments). You've argued that Venom is not Black Metal despite the fact that early Bathory and Mayhem drew HEAVILY off of them. You've said that people who wear Metal clothes are close-minded and that they're stupid because they can't meet people while wearing Metal shirts, etc. You've said that Metalheads are close-minded, basically because a lot of them don't like the music you like. I could probably draw up a few more things, I think you're the one with a retarded opinion.
I don´t take Britney seriously, but I like her.

Dimmu are better band, cause they evolved a lot a has unique sound and albums. They have become more populat and that brought them closer to mainstrem. People bith that metal is a minor genre, but whenewer some band step out from "undergdound" (cause tehre is no UG in nowadays) people rant about it.
Those bands are inspired by Venom, but that doesn´t make Venom black metal. I am tired of this discussion, I said everything about Venom and BM already.
Yes, their clothes limites them partially.
Metal heads are musically close-minded couse they listen to metal only or in 90% (in most cases).

You could think that I am the one with retarded opinions, but your opinions are strongly general and classical for metalheads, in other words you almost have not you own opinion, just go with mlack metal crowd(and black metal is trendy as hell in nowadays - in metal).

Ratatosk said:
too old too cold sucks donkey balls

Np: Darkthrone - Self Esteem (Offspring cover)

Is that the opinion of a 13yr old? Please, continue listening to your Offspring covers.

Fredy_Brown said:
I don´t take Britney seriously, but I like her.

Fair enough, but that still doesn't warrent slamming other peoples tastes for music, I normally don't do this, but you started it.

Fredy_Brown said:
Dimmu are better band, cause they evolved a lot a has unique sound and albums. They have become more populat and that brought them closer to mainstrem. People bith that metal is a minor genre, but whenewer some band step out from "undergdound" (cause tehre is no UG in nowadays) people rant about it.

I really don't care about how many people like a band, I listen to a few shitty pop-rock bands, but you seem to think Dimmu Borgir is frowned upon simply because they have a lot of fans, in fact a lot of people who are not very Metal-friendly think this when somebody that is heavily into Metal doesn't like a band. Maybe it's just because people don't like them? I never liked newer Dimmu Borgir, even when I was first getting into Metal and had little understanding of the genre, they sound boring and uninspired, excuse me for having a negative opinion on a band that "evolved".

Fredy_Brown said:
Those bands are inspired by Venom, but that doesn´t make Venom black metal. I am tired of this discussion, I said everything about Venom and BM already.

Listen to the song Pure Fucking Armegeddon and tell me that it doesn't sound like it could've been a Venom song.

Fredy_Brown said:
Yes, their clothes limites them partially.

It really doesn't for me. A majority of my friends arn't "Metalheads" and I get a lot of comments on my musical taste and all but that's it. I don't make many new friends these days outside of Metal shows (or other things related to Metal) and whatnot because unless I know that somebody has similiar interests to me, I immediatly form a negative opinion until I get to know the person better (which usually doesn't happen).

Despite what anyone says, people are more drawn to those that dress differently, then to the people that look just like every other fucking person on the planet.

Fredy_Brown said:
Metal heads are musically close-minded couse they listen to metal only or in 90% (in most cases).

I listen to what I like, and a lot of it happens to be Metal. I still listen to rock music, Blues music, classical, orchestral, etc. but my main interest lies in Metal, even still, despite what kind've music it is, if I like it, I'll listen. I listen to a lot of bands that a lot of Metalheads would consider shit (Evanescence, My Chemical Romance, Blindside, Chevelle, Deftones, H.I.M, etc. absolutely none of that my pals rap shit though). I don't openly support these bands because of their large followings of brainless fans, but I won't lie about listening to them. I dislike a large majority of mainstream music because it praises many of the social diseases that plague Western Society (which I have a very strong hatred for Modernist Western Society).

Before I started listening to it, I didn't know much Metal but as soon as I got my feet wet in the genre I went nuts with finding new bands, etc. I've had enough of listening to the shitty musicianship of many mainstream rock bands and hearing grown men whine about their girlfriends.

Fredy_Brown said:
You could think that I am the one with retarded opinions, but your opinions are strongly general and classical for metalheads, in other words you almost have not you own opinion, just go with mlack metal crowd(and black metal is trendy as hell in nowadays - in metal).

I don't think you know a lot about my opinions. For one I despise the Black Metal "scene" (despite being fond of many of the originators takes on music) because it is indeed filled with a bunch of loosers, close-minded fools (who dislike Death and Heavy Metal simply because it's not Black Metal) and Satanist/evil wanna-be's who actually hold none of these beliefs in life. I share a few opinions generally associated with Black Metal but these are opinions I had before I even started listening to it. A majority of people are weak-minded and are unable to live on their own merits, like all musical genres, Black Metal attracts more of these people then strong-minded folks.

ProjectedBlack said:
I really don't care about how many people like a band, I listen to a few shitty pop-rock bands, but you seem to think Dimmu Borgir is frowned upon simply because they have a lot of fans, in fact a lot of people who are not very Metal-friendly think this when somebody that is heavily into Metal doesn't like a band. Maybe it's just because people don't like them? I never liked newer Dimmu Borgir, even when I was first getting into Metal and had little understanding of the genre, they sound boring and uninspired, excuse me for having a negative opinion on a band that "evolved".

The majority of negative comments that I have read have in regards to disliking Dimmu Borgir are almost always in reference to them no longer playing true black metal metal, or in fact labelling them "poser sellouts" because of their success and popularity, or in some cases directed at their fan base. The comments made are certainly not the least bit intelligent or enough to provide a 'fair' reason for disliking them. If the person simply does not like Dimmu Borgir because their taste in music differs (like yours), then that is fine and I respect that. However, very rarely do I ever come across such a statement.

Well, Dimmu Borgir did go from making melancholic, bleak, romantic black metal to making simple heavy metal with black metal aestethics, so it's really no wonder why so many black metal fans now dislike them. They do, after all, make money by exploiting a scene they really aren't even truly connected to anymore.

Crimson Velvet said:
Well, Dimmu Borgir did go from making melancholic, bleak, romantic black metal to making simple heavy metal with black metal aestethics, so it's really no wonder why so many black metal fans now dislike them. They do, after all, make money by exploiting a scene they really aren't even truly connected to anymore.

But thats exactly it, if they no longer play true black metal then why should they be criticized accordingly. They don't go around labelling themselves as true black metal, so I wouldn't say they are exploiting the scene at all. Simply said they were a black metal band that has evolved and moved on.

VampyrRose said:
But thats exactly it, if they no longer play true black metal then why should they be criticized accordingly. They don't go around labelling themselves as true black metal, so I wouldn't say they are exploiting the scene at all. Simply said they were a black metal band that has evolved and moved on.

They are exploiting the black metal scene by mimicing its theatrics and image, and on Ozzfest, Shagrat supposedly said: "Do you want to hear some true norwegian black metal", before playing some silly new song from their newest album. They are repeatedly interviewed in documentaries that's about the black metal scene, and they show up, as if they're some sort of experts on the subject. So, in conclusion, they DO label themselves as black metal, because they know oh-so-very-well that that is what their costumers want.

I believe the term for bands such as this is "sell-outs".