Dave, have you listened to the new Agalloch album at all?

SSJ2 Vegeta

Melonhead
Dec 17, 2005
Islip Terrace, NY
I think it's amazing. Sadly I missed out on the Wooden Box Set/Shirt pre-order. I'm hoping to get it off of ebay though within the future for somewhat cheap...

SSJ2 Vegeta said:
I think it's amazing. Sadly I missed out on the Wooden Box Set/Shirt pre-order. I'm hoping to get it off of ebay though within the future for somewhat cheap...

I heard an agalloch box/shirt set went on ebay for around $250 the other day! cwazy!

I was a bastard and downloaded it from my friend on AIM a couple of months ago. Great album. Falling Snow might be one of the greatest songs ever written.

Oh, and I'm still ordering the album since I want to support these guys.

Renegade46n2 said:
I was a bastard and downloaded it from my friend on AIM a couple of months ago. Great album. Falling Snow might be one of the greatest songs ever written.

Oh, and I'm still ordering the album since I want to support these guys.

falling snow was my favourite on the album too...i'm glad i secured my copy of the wooden box version! :)

it hasn't come yet though...

I got my wooden box yesterday and I have to say that Agalloch's new album is quite amazing!

are they even selling it in stores yet?

i read on their latest myspace bulletin that its being released via the end records' store... i dont know if that means exclusively, but ...i dunno. :p

It's always good to support the bands you listen to. I dislike people who download stuff and don't plan on buying it later (At least, I only care about metal. Who cares about pop, rap, etc.)

Every time I get a paycheck I try to buy a few albums, a shirt and set aside some cash to go to a show if a band I love comes to town.

Also forgot to add. I have this album as well, quite enjoyable. However, I really hate "Our Fortress...Pt3." Ambiance/dissonance kind of annoys the shit out of me.

Recieved my copy of the special edition wood-box today. very cool, burnished wood with a slip-off top. Agalloch ingrained on the top. Some little pieces also; 3 picture(postcards) a sticker and a bag of grey ash....most relevant. I've been told the ash is from J. Haughms fireplace. Who knows? In the acknowledgements Agalloch thank Woods of Ypres among others. Music is excellent, and I'm sure more layers will be revealed with future listening. Maybe, in 15-20 yrs this will be a collectors item. Peace.

Smoof said:
It's always good to support the bands you listen to. I dislike people who download stuff and don't plan on buying it later (At least, I only care about metal. Who cares about pop, rap, etc).

Exactly. I'll give my money to these small, still rather unknown in the mainstream metal bands. They need it and I enjoy supporting them.

sdmf2 said:
i heard it a while ago. i would pick it up, but that means going downtown and im too lazy at the moment. maybe later this week
i know what you mean. for me to get the majority of the albums i want, i have to go to the HMV megastore at Dundas, which i love doing and do often, but it's always somewhat of a hassle for me.

Iced Guardian said:
i know what you mean. for me to get the majority of the albums i want, i have to go to the HMV megastore at Dundas, which i love doing and do often, but it's always somewhat of a hassle for me.

i was just there the other day...they have an amazing metal selection but the prices are ridiculous. nearly every cd is over 25 dollars..

I just recently heard the entire album. It's pretty damn good, on every level. I'm definitely buying it when I get the chance.