DAW's

Been using Sonar since Sonar 3 and it will take something drastic to get to switch.

i've never heard any of you guys talk about logic pro 7 or anything...

what do you guys think of it... i'm gonna be learning it this year..

Logic is mainly a European thing for midi folks. It used to be much better than Cubase, but Cubase now has easily overtaken Logic. The setup/routing are a pain in the ass and it is missing a lot of standard features that every other DAW has. Everytime my Logic using friends come over, they contemplate changing to Cubase for ease of use. One of them has already changed to ProTools because he couldn't stand the buggyness and the complicated "not so logic" handling.

Cubase/Nuendo guy. It's mainly due to workflow, but also need N3 for post-prod jobs I get in from certain clients.

I've found Cubase 4 to be buggy as hell on my system so I've moved back to Nuendo 3 until the next patch is out and I have a bit more time for testing. C4 is crash city for me....thanks Steinberg! The only function in C4 that I really miss is the ability to re-order inserts. I still need Nuendo for the post-prod jobs I do but I'll think twice before buying the upgrade when N4 is out based on my experiences with C4.

It's just a MBC with a cool interface.

mbc-belltel1b.jpg

C4 is not so buggy now, did you try the last patch (which is a few months old)?

Yep installed that....it improved things somewhat but it still crashes at random intervals for inconsistent reasons. I know I'm not alone as there are plenty of others on the Cubase forum experiencing similar problems, so I'm hoping that Steinberg get it right with the next patch. Until then, I'll stick with Nuendo.