DC++

unknown

fuck ftagn
Oct 27, 2003
The Red Tower
I recently got DC++ and love it. I'm curious to know what some of the good hubs are? I've been to the metal hub, but I can't connect to it for some reason right now.

(also, I'm sorry if this topic has been discussed. My search forums option has been disabled for some reason :err: )

acab.afraid.org:4111
metal-gods.dyndns.org
grindcore.no-ip.org
paladin.sublevels.net

There's a few other metal ones, just check the public hub list.

I'm still having fucking issues with DC++. I don't get search results. I'm all good and set up, in active mode, get into some big hubs, and I do a search and get nothing. I tried searching for easy shit, Slayer and Deicide and whatever just as a test... nothing.

Pissed! :yell:

Most likely there's still something wrong with your port/firewall settings, as if there's something wrong with those settings, you won't get any search results.

This is fucking gay.

Who the fuck comes up with these rules in the UM hub?

[20:41] <[OP]Impaler> §4. Do Not Share Individual Files Larger Than 1GB, tool - salival ISO and a clockwork orange, remove em from your share please

[20:43] *** Connecting to paladin.sublevels.net...
[20:43] *** Connected
[20:43] <Hub-Security> Your IP or Hostname is banned
[20:43] *** Disconnected

ænimated said:
[20:41] <[OP]Impaler> §4. Do Not Share Individual Files Larger Than 1GB, tool - salival ISO and a clockwork orange, remove em from your share please

[20:43] *** Connecting to paladin.sublevels.net...
[20:43] *** Connected
[20:43] <Hub-Security> Your IP or Hostname is banned
[20:43] *** Disconnected

This is why I've gone back to using Soulseek exclusively. I've never had any problem finding what I need. The wishlist is the greatest search tool ever.

Soulseek gives me the shits, no one shares anything, and if they do, you usually have to be on their special list or whatever. Then you've got some long ass queue which you've gotta wait in for a few days.

I'll just stick to some non-gay-nazi hubs.

aenimated, there is a 95% chance it was an automatic 15 minute ban which happens when you are kicked. I doubt you're banned now.

The "Don't share files larger than 1GB" rule is to prevent people from fake sharing and sharing large files from their digital camcorders to increase their file sharing size. It's a reasonable rule.

Also, the search function will start to work if you TURN OFF your firewall.

I've been banned for sharing NSBM (usually Graveland specifically) countless times, and I even got banned from some metal hubs for having the name 'GoD', which I thought was extraordinarily gay.

Gallantry over Docility said:
I've been banned for sharing NSBM (usually Graveland specifically) countless times, and I even got banned from some metal hubs for having the name 'GoD', which I thought was extraordinarily gay.
Wow. That's truly gay.

Décadent said:
This is why I've gone back to using Soulseek exclusively. I've never had any problem finding what I need. The wishlist is the greatest search tool ever.

Seriously. I got the shit working finally and spent the last 20 hours testing it out, and before I got into DC++, it seemed like I was missing out on some big Ice Cream & Blowjobs party, the way everyone was ranting. But now I've come to the conclusion that most people are just too lazy to use Soulseek properly. It's like 9 times better.

I recently began using the wishlist on SLSK (hint: type 2005 in and add it to your wishlist. Instant updates on leaks), and it rules. Also, searching in the rooms gives you better results for some reason, and it has been working great.

I usually use the "search userlist" function, I just add everyone I find who has metal or hardcore to my list, then search them all directly. It cuts search time by 95%. The only gay thing is that it takes 10 minutes to load my userlist when I start up Slsk. It's huge. :D

Soulseek has, in my experience, been filled with retards with poor quality files. There's a good selection, though.