Dead Can Dance

My favourites change between Spleen and Ideal, the underrated debut and Spiritchaser. The only one I'm not quite so fond of is The Serpent's Egg but it's hardly a bad album.

My favourite band (joint with Psychotic Waltz & King Crimson) :headbang:

Yeah they're amazing. Within the Realm of a Dying Sun and The Serpent's Egg are my favourite DCD albums. The solo material by both Lisa Gerard and Brendan Perry is also worth seeking out.

My favourites change between Spleen and Ideal, the underrated debut and Spiritchaser. The only one I'm not quite so fond of is The Serpent's Egg but it's hardly a bad album.
The Serpent's Egg is also my least favorite album by them. I'm not really fond of the the accent on the oriental theme. It has its moments though. I like the tracks on which Perry sings. Ullyses is especially good.

Yeah they're amazing. Within the Realm of a Dying Sun and The Serpent's Egg are my favourite DCD albums. The solo material by both Lisa Gerard and Brendan Perry is also worth seeking out.
My favorites as well! The band Disembowelment got me into them back in the early 90's. Had some stuff on the Lord of the Rings soundtrack.

There was a thread on DCD not that long ago (well maybe a year ago). I remember because it ended up having about 5 pages of love for them. They would pretty much have to be close to the most universally loved band in this subforum.

My favourite is Toward the Within. Every song is brilliant, and the version of Cantara absolutely kills the album version from Within the Realm of a Dying Sun. Then of course 'Sanvean', one of my favourite songs ever and one that never fails to send a shiver down my spine.

Dead Can Dance

The search function is a wondrous thing. :p

I still have The Serpent's Egg on my 'to buy' list. I haven't been able to find it in stores the times I've remembered to look for it. Although it seems any album by them won't disappoint yeah?

My favourite is Toward the Within. Every song is brilliant, and the version of Cantara absolutely kills the album version from Within the Realm of a Dying Sun.

I totally agree! I was listening to one of the Best Of's and Cantara came on. I had to change it out immediately for the one on Toward The Within. I get chills towards the end of that track.

My favourite band (joint with Psychotic Waltz & King Crimson) :headbang:

serpent's egg is my fav by them! :erk:

Lisa's voice can be a bit strident at times, but anyone who hasn't heard 'Sanvean' on Toward the Within needs to check it out. One of the most amazing vocal performances EVER. 'Persian Love Song' which she performs without accompaniment is phenomenal too.

I just bought Selections From North America after hearing the version of "Crescent" on their MySpace. I think Brendan's voice is actually getting better.

I want to start getting the entire series of concerts but two are sold out (and I imagine expensive on ebay).

I'm not sure what I would do for that collector's set of all of the shows. I think it was signed by Lisa and Brendan. Man I'm sorry I missed that opportunity.

Godspeed You! to anyone who hasn't listened to this band. I'm personally touched by the music this band released. Without a doubt my favorite song is "Severance." It's so surreal.

Of course I love this band. Just look at my avatar!