Dead Can Dance

All I know is that I'll be watching Toward the Within next week on DVD. I have a Netflix membership, and I can't wait to finally see this! If it enthralls me, I'm going to go out and buy it.

All I know is that I'll be watching Toward the Within next week on DVD. I have a Netflix membership, and I can't wait to finally see this! If it enthralls me, I'm going to go out and buy it.

the video quality for this dvd is quite grainy... also i think the track selection could have been much better... but its still good... if you haven't listened to them at all i would suggest to start from 'The Serpent's Egg' or 'Within the Realm of a Dying Sun'.

Yeah this is a bit different with interviews tucked between the songs but it's still awesome to watch them in concert. I love watching the percussionist with the top-knot jogging to the beat of the songs.

the video quality for this dvd is quite grainy... also i think the track selection could have been much better... but its still good... if you haven't listened to them at all i would suggest to start from 'The Serpent's Egg' or 'Within the Realm of a Dying Sun'.

No, I know...it's ok. I've been a fan for 15 years now. (matter of fact, I posted much earlier which are my favorite 2.....we have the same opinion there!) I just have never seen them live or in a video. The only video I've ever seen of their's is for the song The Carnival Is Over. And they weren't in it, but it's a beautiful video nonetheless. But thanks for the info about what to expect from the DVD!:)

Check out this uber slug of collecting I did in the last 60 days...

Fourth08001.jpg

This is one group I've always wanted to check out, but keep forgetting for some reason.
Best album to start with?

Yes, man. I think the Serpent's Egg falls somewhere in the "Pesky procupines poking Pikachu"(i.e. 2.5 stars)territory of my newly redesigned nifty rating system on RYM. That is, if I cared enough to rate albums again, which I don't.