Dead cats, deck chairs, pots of piss, etc...

UltimateApathy

Infinite Idiocy
Dec 10, 2012
Path Of The Misanthrope
So, when a band gets "bottled", it means that they get stuff (not just bottles) thrown at them by the audience because the audience doesn't like them - and it comes as no surprise no surprise that occurs most often at metal festivals. There's even an official entry about in on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_bottling_incidents_by_year

Call me strange, but I really like watching recordings of these bottling incidents. Here are a few videos I've found, and I'd like to see more videos of bottlings if you guys have them.

First up is Slipknot getting bottled at a most death/black metal festival in France (a dead cat was even thrown onto the stage):

50 cent getting bottled at Reading (someone even threw a deck chair onto the stage):

Pop duo getting crazy bottled at Reading:

Panic! at the Disco singer got knocked out cold on stage by a bottle at Reading:

Nickleback got stones thrown at them (one hit the singer's head) at a mostly metal festival in Portugal:

My Chemical Romance getting bottled at Reading:

I know there must be far more bottling videos out there to share, anyone got some to share?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cradle of Filth got nearly put out of action at bloodstock 09 by a single gobstopper being pelted at them. I wasn't there that year, but assume the crowd wasn't really hostile, just a small element. They are at least a metal band after all. If 50 Cent went there things would be different. He might get shot again.

Were you there? I'd be curious to know which member of the band got hit by it. According to wiki, As I Lay Dying once had to finish a set early because their guitar player got injured by bottling, but here's the odd thing: Killswitch Engage and Blink 182 were both headling that festival o_Oo_Oo_O

Shit like this drives me up a wall. No lie if I were at a show and saw someone whipping bottles and shit at the band that dude would get driven into the pavement before the thing even hit the stage.

If I was at a proper metal fest and some shit like Travis or Lethal Bizzle came on and I saw a bottle of piss flying towards them, I would smile.

If I was at a proper metal fest and some shit like Travis or Lethal Bizzle came on and I saw a bottle of piss flying towards them, I would smile.

Lethal Bizzle did actually get bottled a lot at Download. He just stood at the front of the stage and took it - at the end he was splattered full of crap that people had thrown at him.

there's a Martin Van Drunen interview out there that talks about a time when Asphyx or Pestilence was touring with Carcass and Death, and Chuck refused to go on stage because the crowd was too violent, which ended up getting everyone angry enough to start a riot.

also every GG Allin show.

driven into the pavement before the thing even hit the stage.
takes some serious skill to knock someone so hard they fly out of the venue. either that or they've started using pavement in venues since i last went to a show.

there's a Martin Van Drunen interview out there that talks about a time when Asphyx or Pestilence was touring with Carcass and Death, and Chuck refused to go on stage because the crowd was too violent, which ended up getting everyone angry enough to start a riot.

also every GG Allin show.

I'd love to see footage of those old crazy shows, especially the GG Allin ones, but unfortunately back then nobody had cellphones with cameras in them. Do you know of any footage from old GG Allin, Carcass, or Death videos? Here's a funny old one I found, but in this one it was more like the crowd being afraid of being bottled, lol.

That Anal Cunt's one is pretty funny, lol, he couldn't get back on stage. The crowd was so afraid that they were 10 metres far from the stage.

Hoooooooooly shit that Green Day mudfight video is epic - do you think the crowd actually hated Green Day or was that kinda behaviour just par for the course at Woodstock regardless of who was playing?

Would you mind if it were Justin Bieber? He's been bottled before too:

Yes. I would. You don't interrupt the fucking performance. If you don't like it, leave. You're not stapled to the floor, you bought your ticket, you KNEW who was going to be there. It drives me insane.

takes some serious skill to knock someone so hard they fly out of the venue. either that or they've started using pavement in venues since i last went to a show.

Well let's see, there's outdoor venues, some places like Mr Smalls in Pittsburgh is concrete flooring by the stage as well as several others I've been to, and then there's always the possibility that I was using "pavement" as a literary device and not speaking actually of outdoor paving. You know, WHATEVER IT MAY HAVE BEEN. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes. I would. You don't interrupt the fucking performance. If you don't like it, leave. You're not stapled to the floor, you bought your ticket, you KNEW who was going to be there. It drives me insane.

Hell, if I had the time/money I'd buy a front row ticket to the kid's concert just so I could be world-famous as the "the guy who hit Justin Bieber in the face with a rotten tomato." :lol::lol: :lol:

Hell, if I had the time/money I'd buy a front row ticket to the kid's concert just so I could be world-famous as the "the guy who hit Justin Bieber in the face with a rotten tomato." :lol::lol: :lol:

See that drives me insane. No matter what, he's a performer, putting on a show. Unless he's up there flat-out disrespecting the crowd or something, just let him do his thing. I hate hecklers and people who interfere with the performance.

I'm not kidding that I would legitimately yank someone down if they were within arm's reach and I saw that go down.

I wish I was decent enough to muster up the respect you have for Justin Bieber...

It's not Bieber himself. It's that I'm not an asshole who thinks if I don't like a particular band/comedian/whatever it means I want to see their performances interrupted and ruin shit for everyone who might be there to actually enjoy it. Never understood why people feel the need to spoil others' fun. Just do your own damn thing.

Besides, I've done a lot of performances before (not concerts, mind) and there's really an unspoken rule: leave the goddamn performers alone to do their thing. The instant you inject yourself into the show, you deserve a brick upside the head.