dear K.Rudd

My children's school is getting a hall. The Principal argued that they needed a bus shelter, but the answer is "you're getting a hall", and there goes the basketball court.
That sounds like what's happening at my old primary school. I drove past there a few weeks ago while visiting the folks and asked what the hell they were doing to the bottom oval. Answer: getting a new hall. What's wrong with the old hall? Nothing, they're just getting a new one. Meanwhile the existing hall which is big enough to house the entire student body at once is going to be converted into an oversized classroom which isn't needed, the 'outdoor' undercover assembly area which is more than big enough to act as a second hall is going to be demolished but with no plans to actually do anything with the space, the "library" which burnt down a few years ago is going to remain in its current barely-stocked demountable form, and what little greenery they had in the form of the oval is being reduced to less than half to accommodate the new hall. What the fuck?

Does that mean that schools, rather than get no funding, will take it and build a hall just for the sake of it, so that they don' seem 'difficult'.

a state Department of Education and Training spokesman said school projects were more expensive than average construction costs because standards were higher.

:lol::lol: