Dear Mikael and Opeth

lol but the american chicks still love it:heh:

True true. I find myself using speech patterns that I normally don't use when around american chicks (sorry, sheilas.)

Here are some non-stereotypes about Toowoomba. We have the highest rate of incest, the highest rate of rape and the highest levels of drug use in Queensland (or so I'm told)....shit.

If I met Opeth It'd probably just be one of those unlucky circumstances where there'd be a whole bunch of other people already crowded around. I'd just sit there and wait for everyone to leave just so I could shake there hands.

do you guys really eat chocolate and waffles all day long?

haha :p no we don't .... :p
but it's true that we have the best chocolate here, and well I guess waffles too, but I don't really like waffles :p

but it is also true that we have the best beer in the world! :kickass: and jupiler and stuff like that is ordinary beer :p we have a lot of better sorts than that! but they are rare and expensive abroad ... except for Leffe ...

haha :p no we don't .... :p
but it's true that we have the best chocolate here, and well I guess waffles too, but I don't really like waffles :p

but it is also true that we have the best beer in the world! :kickass: and jupiler and stuff like that is ordinary beer :p we have a lot of better sorts than that! but they are rare and expensive abroad ... except for Leffe ...

there was this creamy, sweet, tasty beer i never could forget the taste of. is it leffe? i remember it was in a grey-blue can.

there was this creamy, sweet, tasty beer i never could forget the taste of. is it leffe? i remember it was in a grey-blue can.

don't think so ... because I don't think Leffe or any of the better beers from Belgium come in cans ... only bottles. could be wrong though

edit: looked it up, 2 belgian beers in a grey-blue can that I can find are Maes and Hoegaarden (both kind of simple beers though by our standards :))

Fosters is available in Melbourne, although it's rarely on tap in pubs.

I think any decent store in Australia will carry fosters. Although the shite fosters we get here in Aus isn't the same as the imported stuff, which, believe it or not, tastes a bit better.

How anyone in this day and age of choice can still be drinking VB is beyond me! Come on dude, get into the imported stuff- or at the very least, Boags Premium!

haha its not so much for love of the taste. its just the pure aussie experience:lol: sitting back on the couch, eating a pie, drinking a VB and watching the footy or cricket... all the while theres a barbie on out the back and its sunny and fine! if i want to drink a nice beer i go crown lager. i dont bother with imports and all... crownies are tops:)

We're all gay for Opeth.

Amen.

I was lucky to saw them live last summer. And yes i had tears in my eyes. It was on a festival and the people that didn't know Opeth (read the poppy rocky people) were staring at me. Hey i don't care :)

Thx guys :) I definatley will check it out.

By the way, Do you guys have some good sites for explaining the concepts of opeth's albums? (I've looked at wikipedia but the last time I saw it had no explanation of ghost reveries concept)
Ghost Reveries isn't a concept album, because Isolation Years doesn't connect to the story that the rest of the songs tell. Mike really liked the song and wanted it to be on the album. I don't blame him.

My Arms, Your Hearse and Still Life are concept albums. Still Life is a really good one, sounds awesome and the songs are wonderful. My personal favorite. MAYH is also outstanding, though I didn't really like the guitar sound at first. It grew on me.