Death Magnetic is online

When "Death Magnetic" was sold a week or 2 prior to its official release, Lars said to a San Francisco radio station, “It’s 2008 and it’s part of how it is these days, so it’s fine. We’re happy.”

Also you can stream the CD Free on Napster.

Thought i would mention that. I found it to be interesting

All Nightmare Long is about the only song that I've so far been able to honestly say I absolutely love. It brings back so many memories of listening to The Justice album. The album as a whole isn't terrible, but Lars' drumming is the same in every song, Kirk's infatuation with the wah pedal ruins his solos in some cases, and they really need to utilize Rob's talents more.

That said, this album makes up for the crap they've released as of the last 10 years.

I went to a Metallica tribute yesterday, Alcoholica, which are pretty well known here. They played for the launch of the album.
They played "My Apocalypse", which I'm not really a fan of, but it was pretty nice live!

while I must say the new Metallica is an improvement over what they've done in the last 10 years or so, I still won't be buying it, not worth my money.

The new slipknot, on the other end, is surprisingly interesting.

/hides

The new Metallica is amazing while the new Slipknot is better without the 3 bonus ballad-like tracks.

But I read according to the guy who worked on the LP, it was pretty much a big compressed clipping mess when he got it too.

Has anyone else heard the "Guitar Hero" version of the album?? The sound is AMAZING compared to the CD release and in fact it sounds so good that I would immediately take back a lot of my complaints if they released that version.

googled for a link with some info about this whole ordeal: http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

But I read according to the guy who worked on the LP, it was pretty much a big compressed clipping mess when he got it too.

Has anyone else heard the "Guitar Hero" version of the album?? The sound is AMAZING compared to the CD release and in fact it sounds so good that I would immediately take back a lot of my complaints if they released that version.

googled for a link with some info about this whole ordeal: http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/does-metallicas.html

yes, it sounds amazing on guitar hero. so much better then the album by far.