Death Magnetic - Out Sep. 12 Worldwide

Part of me wants Metallica to destroy all the nay-sayers with this new album...
...And yet, part of me ALSO wants Metallica to fail on an epic level, to be chased by angry mobs with torches, to pay for their post-88 sins...
Yes

I heard a fast riff recently, it sounded like Slayer. I expect lots of diversity on this album, tempo changes, soft parts, fast, and slow. I know I will like it more than St Anger. I think the worst is over because it couldnt get any worse than St Anger. I noticed Hetfield the one giving orders again, not Lars who was trying to get them to sound like a heavier version of The White Stripes.

wow...obviously I can't really judge the song from this live version, but it sounded really good imo. Can't wait to hear the album.

I dont care if people hate Metallica or not but I for one am damn exited about the album. Ive heard a ton of bits on mission metallica and all of them have been promising. Im pretty damn sure I will rock out to the new LP and if it is anything like the first 7 Met albums, I will pick up my guitar and riff along to it, cause thats what Metallica is best for!!!!!

Hell yeah, they are coming to K.C. on October 25th - on a Sat. night - even better. This will be the 5th time seeing them for me but this time it's free!!

you really think so? sorry, but i think "cyanide" is pretty lame. and hetfield says he's proud of it ... :erk:

other than some people here i think it can still get worse than st. anger. on first listen, st. anger was interesting and refreshing. on second listen it was interesting. on third listen ... well. The bits of death magnetic i've heard so far were'nt even interesting on first listen, and they don't seem to me like stuff that grows over time.

sorry for the negativity, but this time i couldn't stop myself. i was so disappointed ... and i didn't even expect much.

I think it sounds refreshing and creative at, its different from all st: anger and mayhap even better, its hard to judge from a live recording though but I thought it sounded much more promising than anything on st: anger. Hell, I might even buy the record, it would be my second metallica album then, my first and only so far is justice.