Death Metal/Black metal

wnterbass

True metal torchbearers
Nov 28, 2003
Bethlehem PA
www.winterfell.org
Maybe I'm missin something. I hear all this talk about people's fav albums by this or that death metal band or black metal band but, how the hell do ya tell em apart? I don't mean death and black metal, I mean the bands themselves. They all sound the same to me. I've borrowed albums from time to time, no luck. What am I missing?

Death/Black Metal is kind of an acquired taste.. I know when I first heard Black Metal, it was Cradle Of Filth's Cruelty And The Beast album.. and I thought it was pretty hard to stomach.. but now, 5 years later, I think its one of the best Black Metal albums to date!

Death/Black Metal isn't for everybody.. most people are completely turned off by it, and their main reasoning is almost always the vocals... some people just can't stand harsh growls/screams/shit that doesn't sound like John fucking Mayer.

Actually, older Cradle actually IS black metal. It's just a little more polished up than people are used to. After CATB, they seemed to really sound more like a Goth band than a black metal band. I don't know what they are now.

wnterbass said:
I don't mean death and black metal, I mean the bands themselves. They all sound the same to me.

1-:lol: so you're telling me Cannibal Corpse sound the same as Therion?

2 - If that's your real opinion you can't be a true music fan.

If it isn't elitism, it's complete ignorance. We need not repeat the same statements every time Cradle of Filth is mentioned; this has been happening for years. Fuckin' pathetic. If someone considers them black metal, or as a band with black metal elements, then anyone who argues with them is in my mind a fuckin' fool, and is adding absolutely nothing of any relevance to the topic.

Mournful

Mournful Death said:
If it isn't elitism, it's complete ignorance. We need not repeat the same statements every time Cradle of Filth is mentioned; this has been happening for years. Fuckin' pathetic. If someone considers them black metal, or as a band with black metal elements, then anyone who argues with them is in my mind a fuckin' fool, and is adding absolutely nothing of any relevance to the topic.

Mournful
So, basically, everyone who doesn't agree with you is a 'fuckin' fool'? Of course it's relevant, if a band is listed as black metal when they aren't, then the original thread-poster needs to be told that the information is inaccurate.

Ironic. Anotherwards, anyone who disagrees with me is a "fuckin' fool" supposedly, however if you're opinion is that a band isn't black metal, than a person who thinks CoF are black metal should be informed they are wrong? I was unaware you're opinions are facts... I apologise. :Spin:

I was not even the one that said Cradle of Filth are black metal, although I do think they definately have black metal elements; particularly pre-Midian.

Mournful