Death metal thread

even though i am a fanboi , this wasnt fanboyism at all .. im really confused with genres for example i thought bodom was death metal , then somebody told me its melodic thrash metal, then somebody else said melodic death metal, then black metal, then i read extreme metal and so on...
its metal and thats that:kickass:

even though i am a fanboi , this wasnt fanboyism at all .. im really confused with genres for example i thought bodom was death metal , then somebody told me its melodic thrash metal, then somebody else said melodic death metal, then black metal, then i read extreme metal and so on...
its metal and thats that:kickass:

Bodom is quiet hard to group as they have changed their style quiet alot and combine alot of different elements, that doesn't mean we should group it all together as "metal."

Thats like saying Lamb of God sounds like fucking Epica or something.
In other words, you only said that because you are quoting Alexi.

Now gtfo until you get your own opinion.

^I do :D

The only death metal i listen to lately is Atheist.I forgot how great band they are.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ6b4DrMz2g&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

I'm listening to some Arsis at the moment.
I'm not sure if death metal fans consider Arsis to be death metal lol.
Never really got into the "true" death metal stuff, some recommendations would be nice.

^Agreed. But I only really like one Deicide album, Insineratehymn, the rest don't really do much for me.

The Stench Of Redemption is my favorite album,even though I dont think a lot of people like it.

I'm listening to some Arsis at the moment.
I'm not sure if death metal fans consider Arsis to be death metal lol.
Never really got into the "true" death metal stuff, some recommendations would be nice.
There is nothing wrong with Arsis.I still think that old school DM/TM is the best.I mostly cant stand any so called technical death metal,except for Viaremia.These guys are crazy.

My recommendations would be :

And of course Bloodbath like someone mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah,I dont know a lot about guitars and stuff like that,but I think that the Stench Of redemption has amazing solos.

Yeah, Ralph Santolla just has a ridiculously technical wanker neoclassical style and Jack Owen has a straight up old school death metal style.
Combine them and you create epic win.