BM thread!

I thought about starting grim and frostbitten Black Metal thread here, so you can post whatever comes to your mind about BM.

Is there some good underground BM bands you could recommend?
I've been listening BM like 5 years now and can't get enough of it. Norway has still the best BM bands IMO.

There is a lot of BM bands from all over the world not just from Norway,but first things that comes to my mind are Battlehorns,hihgly influenced by old SATYRICON and DÖDHEIMSGARD.Im not sure,but i think this is satyr`s project,ill have to ask my sister

Carpathian Full Moon i think they have only one album,production is a lil bit bad,riffs can be boring sometimes,but in general its a good album

Forest Of Fog,ive found them on my space,symphonoc black metal,good production
Sons Of North Russian black metal,it reminds me on Burzum sometimes
Ninnghizhidda german band ,one of the best symphonic BM bands ive heard lately,than Inquisition,Forgotten Tomb(italien black-doom band),Woods Of Belial(a lil bit creepy but good band),Nargash portugese black metal band,Usurper(black/thrash band),Master's Hammer(from Czech republic),The Black(swedish black metal band,album Alongside death is amazing,)Verdunkeln(german band,this band recommended me one guymthey consider themself like atmospheric-gothic-cathedral-black metal or whatever,good band,Vesania(polish band),Breath Of Sorrows(american band,ive heard album ''Through Darkness To Battle I Ride'',my recommendation),Darkspace(band from Switzerland,but uve probably heard for them: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=13746),Ceremonial Casting,
than more russians bands like Devil-May-Care or Gothic sky,
than Axamenta,very original band with jazz influence,than Dub Duk from Ukraine i think,then Solefald some post black metal band then Vhernen from Faroe Islands then Taarma,from Pakistan-if u like depressive black
and maybe Capricornus from Poland
Its probably stupid that i put so many different bands in one post,but i think u would like at least some of those bands,if ure interested in something else ill ask my sis for recommendation:loco:

^
Nice!

First good post in this thread. Rest of the posts were just written by some posers..

Thanks a lot. There's just so many bands out there, so it's difficult to choose from such a wide selection. But I'll think I try some of those bands, some I already had listened. Thanks again!

If you're interested, you should check this finnish BM band called Alghazanth. Really good stuff, worth to listen, especially their last album.

Hey! Screw you :lol:

Immortal is the only "real" BM band i listen to but that would not be something you call underground i guess.

Imperium Dekadenz is quite good, and Dissection of course, even though it's more death/black than true black metal.

i-know-more-underground-bands-that-no-one-ever-heard-than-you-therefore-i'm-more-kvlt

^
Nice!

First good post in this thread. Rest of the posts were just written by some posers..

Thanks a lot. There's just so many bands out there, so it's difficult to choose from such a wide selection. But I'll think I try some of those bands, some I already had listened. Thanks again!

If you're interested, you should check this finnish BM band called Alghazanth. Really good stuff, worth to listen, especially their last album.

Are you calling me a poser? :Smug:

ewww dimmu borgir

OMG MOAR CORPSEPAINT MAKES U MOAR GR1M AND TR00FAG

l_2bdab37b8b944e738444ca55ebf010f7.jpg

There is a lot of BM bands from all over the world not just from Norway,but first things that comes to my mind are Battlehorns,hihgly influenced by old SATYRICON and DÖDHEIMSGARD.Im not sure,but i think this is satyr`s project,ill have to ask my sister

Carpathian Full Moon i think they have only one album,production is a lil bit bad,riffs can be boring sometimes,but in general its a good album

Forest Of Fog,ive found them on my space,symphonoc black metal,good production
Sons Of North Russian black metal,it reminds me on Burzum sometimes
Ninnghizhidda german band ,one of the best symphonic BM bands ive heard lately,than Inquisition,Forgotten Tomb(italien black-doom band),Woods Of Belial(a lil bit creepy but good band),Nargash portugese black metal band,Usurper(black/thrash band),Master's Hammer(from Czech republic),The Black(swedish black metal band,album Alongside death is amazing,)Verdunkeln(german band,this band recommended me one guymthey consider themself like atmospheric-gothic-cathedral-black metal or whatever,good band,Vesania(polish band),Breath Of Sorrows(american band,ive heard album ''Through Darkness To Battle I Ride'',my recommendation),Darkspace(band from Switzerland,but uve probably heard for them: http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=13746),Ceremonial Casting,
than more russians bands like Devil-May-Care or Gothic sky,
than Axamenta,very original band with jazz influence,than Dub Duk from Ukraine i think,then Solefald some post black metal band then Vhernen from Faroe Islands then Taarma,from Pakistan-if u like depressive black
and maybe Capricornus from Poland
Its probably stupid that i put so many different bands in one post,but i think u would like at least some of those bands,if ure interested in something else ill ask my sis for recommendation:loco:

Thread over.

STFUTHEIRAWESOME!

abbath.jpg

Now go listen to your Burzum tr00 fag!!!:lol:

Burzum is great, faggots. :lol:

As for me, BM is my favorite genre, but even I'll admit that I'm not that far into it. I like all the "gateway" BM bands (Emperor, Darkthrone, Burzum, early Behemoth, etc), as well as some of the lesser known ones.

Some of the other BM bands I enjoy:
  • Behexen, after hearing their last full-length My Soul For His Glory on a radio show once.
  • Ulver
  • Mayhem (I enjoy some of the later stuff as well, not just DMDS)
  • Deathspell Omega is fantastic, despite having only heard Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice...
  • Leviathan
  • Bethlehem
  • Nagelfar (not to be confused with Swedish band Naglfar) is a really fantastic band. I have their last full-length from before they broke up, Virus West, and it's some of the better BM I've heard, despite having somewhat clean production.

There's more, but I can't be arsed to think right now.

^
Nice!

Ure welcome,when it comes to Alghazanth,i have The polarity Axiom from 2004 i think,if u think on that.Indeed great,i wanted to recommend u that but i was considering that ure from Finland,that uve already heard for it :lol:
Does anyone has some good recommendation for progressive black band?and thats its not Deathspell Omega or Secrets Of The Moon ?
The Butt can u tell me more about Bethlehem ?they sounds so familiar but i dont have anything from them,and i think that someone has already recommended me that?

The Butt can u tell me more about Bethlehem ?they sounds so familiar but i dont have anything from them,and i think that someone has already recommended me that?

They're a doom/black band from Germany, if I recall. Their Dictius Te Necare album is just really really fucking slow and doomy BM, with some of the sickest vocals I've heard. I haven't heard the rest, but I heard their first album was supposed to be similar in music style.

The Butt thanx,now i know where have ive already heard for them cause of those controversy
ill have to check them later as soon as i grab more free time
Im just listening german band Horn,album "Naturkraft" and this is something interesting,its actually one man band even metal archive rated it 90% and 85% which is fantastic for so obscure band
I also would like to recommend Grave Declaration and slovenian band Dekadent if someone likes clean vocals,those 2 bands are amazing and Dialectic Soul if someone likes more melodic things
Ive found the band called Hermh,where Nergal used to play :lol:

Is it possible that anybody doesnt know any good progressive black bands?

Last edited by a moderator: