BM similiar to Immortals last three albums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously I agree, but hey, better to recommend something good than something that fits the crappy request. Let's not start flaming.

WTF? Well, i dont really know what Moonblood is like. If its good, then its good that it is recommended. If its not, then not. It doesent have to be totally Immortal. BUT:

the crappy request

Now, if you consider Moonblood to be good and my request to be bad, what can that mean? That Moonblood might then be something i dont like. You know, i dont need people to recommend me something i cannot like.
"Yeah, he thinks newer Emperor is good! He must not have any idea of how crappy sound BM can have and how an individual may find that so much better. Liking Emperor means he doesent know enough of right kind of BM." <------moronic text.
If im wrong, then correct me. Im just being sure that no evil elitists ruin my thread.

I actually believe it would be better to not recommend anything at all as this thread starter obviously has a very dense appreciation for "qaulity" black metal in general. These are the types of "surface scratchers" that are totally non-deserving of any musical knowledge/advice period IMO.

Either that is a load of crap that makes no sense except on a very childish way, or then i didnt quite understand it. Are you saying that people who dont find pleasure out of something generally accepted as pleasureable should not get any pleasure out of anything? If i enjoy listening to crap number A, and most people like crap number B, does this mean i dont deserve to get information on crap number A ?
The only way that would make childish sense is this:
People that dislike general BM are hateable for some very intelligent and logical reason, and those who like Emperor and the like are propably "not interested" in anything, their tastes change every week, and he/she doesent NEED recommendations. Is that what you were trying to say? If so, then you fail.

Ivan the terrible said:
No offense to you G.O.D. but...

I actually believe it would be better to not recommend anything at all as this thread starter obviously has a very dense appreciation for "qaulity" black metal in general. These are the types of "surface scratchers" that are totally non-deserving of any musical knowledge/advice period IMO.

I agree in a sense, but let's be fair, everyone starts somewhere. My appreciation for black metal was incredibly 'dense' when I first got into it, and later Immortal did help the evolution of my tastes along somewhat. If the guy finds something in Moonblood then he'll hopefully develop interest in good BM and his appreciation will get deeper, and if he doesn't...no harm done. He seems coherent rather than being a complete dolt, so I figure he should be given a chance.

You'll note that I didn't recommend anything myself though - I don't consider this important either way.

At least he is trying to get into BM, whereas we have these kiddies who are really "non-deserving of any musical knowledge/advice period IMO" in topics saying all black metal is terrible and all the production sucks and THRASH 4EVAR.

I would see it this way: im not trying to get into anything, of course i try to find good sides of everything, but im not searching to find new taste. My taste doesent change every five minutes, or 'evolve' as people like to say. Im 16, ive listened to Iron Maiden since i was 9 and i still consider it to be the best fucking one.
Im trying to find new music for the taste i allready have. I dont think it will change my taste to hear something new and different i might like, it would just REVEAL it. I listened to Joe Satriani when i was 7, but i think i would have liked metal. Did my tastes change when i first heard a Maiden song? No.

Of course my taste does change some bit. Ive been told im growing backwards, since i was big into old school when i was 10, and when i was your typical teenie at my 13 i liked "Holy Diver". Now i dont. Im less into old school sound now. If you think that makes me a lesser person, i hope you wont spit on me(universally speaking, im not saying 'you' to the person im replying).

So anyways, i have problems with recommendations since my tastes cannot be cathegorized. Im not either "melodeath kid with forthcoming pubes" nor im a person who likes every genre in their eighties. If i tell you what Morbid Angel albums i consider to be best and second best....Altars Of Madness would be best, typical is it? Formulas is the second. Altars>Formulas>other albums=considered impossible taste.

I know its a pain in the ass when someone writes such a 'long' text about himself, but the point was to share my point of view on 'evolving' tastes, and to express the fact that im not to be cathegorized as a noob. Ignorant is not the same thing as a noob, ive been listening to Immortal and Emperor for almost two years now, so i did not hear them last week. Nevertheless i have less than 10 BM bands.

So what i was trying to say was: dont think it will pass, the fact that i like what i like is not a symptom of my ignorance or n00bness.

So this was totally off-topic and you hate me for writing a long boring post. But still, its weird how people fall under categories. You either like In Flames or Deicide, but not both. Why is this? Ive never understood it. Ok, i understand why wouldnt someone like In Flames, most of it is crap, i admit. But think of other examples, and ask yourselves why.

I agree in a sense, but let's be fair, everyone starts somewhere. My appreciation for black metal was incredibly 'dense' when I first got into it, and later Immortal did help the evolution of my tastes along somewhat. If the guy finds something in Moonblood then he'll hopefully develop interest in good BM and his appreciation will get deeper, and if he doesn't...no harm done. He seems coherent rather than being a complete dolt, so I figure he should be given a chance

No, its not evolving. The fact is this: i-dont-like-troo. I admit i have found a little depth in tr00er BM lately, but that is a cause of trying and getting 'instructions' on how to think about it. Still it is pretty empty to me. And that wont change in 10 years at least.

I agree in a sense, but let's be fair, everyone starts somewhere.

I attend to end here too. Or if i evolve, i will take other direction. I dont like spermy 15-years old tapes recorded in a freaking forest, but i respect other peoples tastes.

Besides, there are people who freely say "fuck BM-listen to death metal!". Well consider me one of those, but i like non-tr00 BM nonetheless.

By the way, has anyone heard Trollheim's Grott? They are wicked.

I think Melechesh's Sphynx album will be right up your alley. Trade in Immortal's cold northern sound for a more fiery Mediterranean sound and you've got a pretty similar band.

If something isn't 'true' black metal then it's 'false' and thus isn't black metal, just to clarify.

Well im not the one to write a book about it, since i havent heard enough BM to say shit. But id say if it still is black metal, then it is black metal or perhaps some kind of post-black or something.

Uh, if there is "untr00" black metal, then that is still supposed to be black metal. So, it could be post-black or black or whatever, but still black...I guess. Whatever.

Try out Behemoth's album Grom... It somehow sounds like new Immortal, taken away from the grim and frostbitten mountains and brought to the grim and dark woods , though it is older then the "new" style of Immortal.

You will perhaps also like Mayhem's De Mysteriis dom Satanas..
The vocals are a matter of taste, because they are rather strange, but it is an okay album (ok, most people say it is absolutely great but for me it is just ok).
It is different to Immortal, it is older, stranger, more satanic, but (newer) Immortal are one of the closest to Mayhem in overall sound of the more recent BM bands.

EternalEnemy said:
No, its not evolving. The fact is this: i-dont-like-troo. I admit i have found a little depth in tr00er BM lately, but that is a cause of trying and getting 'instructions' on how to think about it. Still it is pretty empty to me. And that wont change in 10 years at least.
This is bullshit.

What real personal worth are you able to derive from anything by getting instructions on how to appreciate it?

Staying petrified in your beliefs makes you just as obstinate as the elitists you so deride; both courses are doomed to eventual entropy and decay.

Just get your hands on a couple of albums from different artists; if you don't like them, your own built-in bullshit-detector will invariably sound. If you do like them, all the better. Relying on what bitter self-image-obsessed nerds on the internet say to try and sway your aesthetic tastes is fractured logic.

By this, of course, i meant that ive found ways to look at BM. You know the thing. No one likes real BM at first, and it took some time for me to understand -what- is so special about it, but i still dont think its good.
First when i heard In The Nightside Eclipse i thought it was fucking crap, just a little better than Slipknot (!). Now i actually like it.
When i first heard old Immortal, i thought its so fucking boring that im gonna shit in my pants to get some excitement. Now i find some atmosphere in it, but not much. It still is boring, but i understand how im supposed to think about it, and thats to concentrate totally on the atmosphere.

But my bullshit detector does work, and i dare to say that i dont find any bullshit in newer BM that ive heard (maybe some bullshit in some of Dimmus parts), and i find the same things in newer BM that the other people seem to find in old such.

Either that is a load of crap that makes no sense except on a very childish way, or then i didnt quite understand it. Are you saying that people who dont find pleasure out of something generally accepted as pleasureable should not get any pleasure out of anything? If i enjoy listening to crap number A, and most people like crap number B, does this mean i dont deserve to get information on crap number A ?
The only way that would make childish sense is this:
People that dislike general BM are hateable for some very intelligent and logical reason, and those who like Emperor and the like are propably "not interested" in anything, their tastes change every week, and he/she doesent NEED recommendations. Is that what you were trying to say? If so, then you fail.[/QUOTE]

Anyone with atleast half a brain would stay way clear of Immortals last two albums as they are not black metal.

Anyone with atleast half a brain would stay way clear of Immortals last two albums as they are not black metal.

The day you understand your own stupidity you will be crying. Morbid Angel is not black metal "either", but i still listen to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.