Death on the Road

Got it today, along with "Ghost Referees". Not bad, only listened to the first four tracks so far. Bruce sounds rather dodgy on the otherwise tops "Wildest Dreams", and hey, there's a surprise, "Wrathchild" is early in the set.

I think if I was on Australian Idol I'd probably try to sing "Wrathchild" at some point. It's a top song.

And I'm VERY surprised at how good Bruce sounds singing "Lord of the Flies". It'd be neat if they did more Blaze-era stuff on future tours. So how many is that that Bruce has sung now?

Sign of the Cross
Lord of the Flies
Man on the Edge
Futureal
The Clansman

Any others? Surprised The Edge of Darkness isn't one of em.

I look forward to it, as I like Rock In Rio, but I prefer Dance Of Death to Brave New World.

Bruce does sound great on the Blaze-era tracks. I think Blaze suited better for the albums, but Bruce is a better live singer. He sounds awesome as singing Man On The Edge.

The Edge Of Darkness is awesome, and I think Bruce could do it well. 2am is also awesome, but I don't think he could do that one so well. Ditto to Como Estais Amigos.

I always found Wrathchild kinda overated.

"Bruce does sound great on the Blaze-era tracks"

I must respectfully disagree. I borrowed Rock In Rio a few weeks back and on Sign Of The Cross and The Clansman, Bruce sounds as if he's not even trying.

However, I'd like to hear him have a go at The Edge Of Darkness and Lightning Strikes Twice one of these days. Top songs, those two :headbang:.

W

I must say that Bruce was in fine form! Looking forward to the DVD, although I fear another million camera cuts per minute from Steve.

Incidently just listening to the new Edguy EP - Superheroes.. very much recommended, constantly amazed at how they manage to sound like Edguy but still get a fresh approach.

I was actually a bit disappointed with it. I mean, it was meant to be a live show. Where are the live show bits, Bruce's rants and stuff? What's with all the fades? The songs are pretty good, but I'm a bit with Wrath on the Blaze stuff. Bruce can sing them on his ear, and most of the time he sounds like he does. And also this time I think Janick's let me down. I'm usually one of the first to jump to Janicks defence when it comes to critisism, but this time, I don't know, he's just *too* messy in some points.

Maybe I need to listen to it again. It's only been once, and that was in the car when I was in a rush because I was late for a meeting.

Hopefully the DVD will be the whole box and dice, rants and all.

The songs don't fade, but there is cheering that fades out only to fade up again a few seconds later. I can only assume that's where the banter was, or maybe they've cut'n'pasted the song order or somesuch.

Yeah, a shame about the banter. You do get some rather embarrassing Stonehenge-esque spoken word intros to songs from Bruce, though. :)

How do you tell who's playing which bit when you're listening to the CD? I've never listened to a CD while reading the liner notes; that would be one way to work it out I guess, assuming solos are listed like on Carcass and Megadeth albums.

On Live After Death it was easy because Dave was in your left ear and Adrian was on your right. On the albums that Janick plays on, you can tell which is him because he butchers the solos, even his own ones.

That said, I still get Adrian and Dave mixed up sometimes because neither really have their own sound, although Dave is cleaner and Adrian does that chuggity-chuggita thing which rules so much.