Deathcore music

I prefer The New Reign, but aye BoO have some ridiculous riffs. Also, that white Ibanez in the video is beautiful.

Yeah, Empires Erased and Rosecrance are still some of my favorite songs. I just love the hardness of the bassdrum on The New Reign!

Really hope there would be more of these talented bands. I don't know if you can put BoO under Deathcore but if you can, their counterpart from Metalcore would be Misery Signals. kinda exactly like BoO but melodic instead and ambient. The Controllers album has ridicolously smooth sound!

Ummm, for the reason you said? They are the mainstream? Some people posess the skill and ability to write certain stuff.

Because they're mainstream and deathcore?

j/k Well, to an extent, niche stuff is usually either distinctly exquisite or crap, but at the same time too complicated for the "masses" to grasp, and thus doesn't "sell" as well.

if i just post a random song, with no name, i really fucking doubt any one could say what band or song is. All this sounds fucking the same. A few bands may be recognizable, but most of it is the fuck same.

if i just post a random song, with no name, i really fucking doubt any one could say what band or song is. All this sounds fucking the same. A few bands may be recognizable, but most of it is the fuck same.

What? Ofcourse people will recognize their favorite bands, because it does NOT sound the same to them.

Same goes for 90% of all popular music.

i'm not talking about popular music, i'm talking about deathcore

What? Ofcourse people will recognize their favorite bands, because it does NOT sound the same to them.

their favorite band, sure. I just have PMS's wen it comes about "fashion" in music. Next year it will all be over, thank god

^^I will strongly object to this. I would with ease single out my favorite bands that you can shove under deathcore. To me they have a distinct sound and that is probably why I like them!

No one could single out a bunch of bands they don't care about. Then the logical outcome is that it all sounds the same if they are not into the genre or bands. Which AFAIK you are not ;)

^Faggot, It's just the end of a cycle. Which the next logical step will be a new cycle.

ok, why don't you tell me whats your favorite band, and what is differs from the other bands :p

BoO: The melodies, riffs and the general atmosphere in the music
Whitechapel: Really differing vocalist, the riffs are something that can help you single them out...also the vocal structures.
Suicide Silence: The vocals, the chugchug-tremolopicking-chug pattern and just the general sound of it. Easy to point out. Drums, frequent use of Euro-blasts and fast pumpbeats.
Daath: Speedy riffs and chord use. The chord progression and vocals give it away pretty easy too. Drums. Drums.

I'll sum it up. Every band has it's own riffs...It's hard to put your finger right to it but it's usually the riffs. Really, I think i've justified myself.

Really, It's not hard. Someone remember the first time they heard some thrash or death metal? Didn't it sound the same back then?

Those were deathcore bands. Not my favorite bands.

Favorite band:

Misery Signals:

Unique guitar layers.
Polished sound.
Ambient and these kinda dreamy melodies.
Progressive yet catchy and easy to get into.
Jazz-y drums at some parts.

Just has not happened before in that genre or style of music.

EDIT: I TOTALLY WANKED THE EDIT BUTTON ON THIS ONE. FUCK YOU, VIKK :lol:

Deathcore belongs to popular music, as distinct from classical music.

Well... Not really. This entirely subjective of course, but "more popular" does not = popular. Yeah you get so called "scene kids" and people with silly fringes listening to Deathcore. But you'd never see it in the charts.

I gotta agree with the crazy violin guy, deathcore, metal, rock, etc, those kinda belong into the very large category of popular music, if, of course, you oppose it to classical music.

Well... Not really. This entirely subjective of course, but "more popular" does not = popular. Yeah you get so called "scene kids" and people with silly fringes listening to Deathcore. But you'd never see it in the charts.

Then again there are alot of people going around with long hair, makeup and leather. That has been in the charts though.

There are all kinds of people.

Well, whether sth belongs to "popular music" isn't really determined by its popularity.