Decap' or deicide?

your-rotton-face said:
So come on - who's better?
Just taking them as they are now (no past glory's thats too easy).....
My vote goes to Decap'!

fuck you! deicide rule the world of death metal they started it and are still making albums after 15 years.decapitated have made 3 cds with 6 or 7 songs on each they have wrote maybe 20 songs for three years and the last album was slow as hell sounded more like doom metal. SCARS OF THE CRUCIFIX KILLED THE NEGATION. OVER AND OVER, I BET THE NEXT DEICIDE ALBUM WILL ALSO BE BETTER :)

As much as I love Deacpitated, The Negation is a snoozefest. No record bored me as quick as this.

Well, I prefer Deicide because they are older and founders of the genre, but I feel that Decapitated are more foward thinking and are advancing the death metal genre these days more than deicide. Scars, as good as it is, did not surpass legion, and while its a decent sucessor, Deicide arent really innovative anymore, while Decapitated are. These days Death metal seems to be stagnating, so I support any band that goes down the experimental path. Unfortuntatley I seem to be in the minority, which is sad. If metal people would be a bit more open-minded, the genre might be more exciting than it is these days. Anyway thats my opinion.

Long Live Monstrosity!

What the fuck are you talking about, Deicide didn't start shit.

By the time they came out with their debut, Death Metal was already old news, established in record form in 85 by The Possessed's Seven Churches and developed well before that by bands like Death and Morbid Angel who were around at the same time but simply didn't get an album out until after. Bands had already been expanding on and evolving their own sound for years by the time Deicide took up arms against God, and those same bands and more have continued to evolve the genre while Deicide have done nothing more than go soft, and then get hard again. A fucking landmark achievement :Smug: