December 17th and 18th Swedish gigs

Original

New Metal Member
Nov 29, 2008
So, does anybody here know if the gigs are still on schedule? I have checked around and havn't found any info as to it being cancelled or not.

Please help to update this thread with news, if anybody going have anything new on both gigs.

Thank you.

Edit:

Ok, moments after i created this thread i found this on the Swedish Opeth fansite:

http://www.opethfanclub.se/Page/Forum/Topic.aspx?topicID=68

Which confirms the gigs.

Awesome.

Can't complain about his voice really, he sure seemed to be a bit sickly inbetween the songs but when playing the them he sure preformed as expected; awesomely. =)
After tomorrows (read today) gig he sure deserves some rest, we surely don't want that awesomeness to go away.

Sadly I do not agree. Dont know if this was the first time you saw them live but his growl was a shadow of what it was the last two times I saw them.
we could barely hear him back in the bar. The cleans were good though.

But! He, and the rest of the guys who apparently also was sick, did a great job, props for stepping up there and deliver feeling like shit.
The gig was too short though, Martin wasnt even allowed to do a solo due to the tight schedule, how the hell is that possible when they play as headliner in their hometown? Book the damn place all night long, brake the rules, whatever, you're in stockholm, your homeground ffs!

Maybe it was because they werent feeling well.
It was great anyway, Mike funny as hell like allways.

The Ocean was the highlight of the night for me, god damn they were good.

the ocean sure had a cool, hypnotizing sound, but they were kinda boring in the long run. i was a bit disappointed with the shortness of the gigs, i thought cynic would play at least 2 more songs and opeth maybe one more. i mean, mike didnt talk that much but i dunno how long they were on stage (was a bit drunk).

It was a good show, they did are great job considering most of them were sick. Yeah the vocals wasnt the best, but better then nothing if they had cancelled it instead!
The Ocean was great, Cynic was a sleeping pill (IMHO)

Poor Mike. At least the crowd gave him/them love. Too bad they only played 8 songs.

I didn't like the opening bands. I understand people like Cynic but I couldn't find anything in their music that made me like them.

Im not the biggest Cynic-fan either, generic music. But the soundquality wasnt really good enough to do them any justice, the vocals and effects just melted together.

You didnt like The Ocean? I loved their atmosphere, haunting, HP Lovecraft'ish, imo. :)

The Ocean were great and Cynic were ok.

One thing that botherd me regarding Opeth was the setlist, only standard songs except Godheads. Do they really have to play The Drapery Falls and Demon of the Fall everytime?

I agree, had that discussion with my pals after the show.
Opeth have such a high standard on all their songs, and since they are so long and play so few in one gig, they could really skip these standard ones and rotate more.

Im jealous on the guys going tonight, they will at least hear some more newer songs.

Ocean was really boring and generic band I think, I'm sorry but the constant screaming bored me and he had no cleans; he talked.

I was positvely surprised by Cynic, I hate their robot voice on their first album but I really liked what I heared yesterday.

First time seeing Opeth, I can honestly admit his voice wasnt top notch but it exceeded my expectations nonetheless, also, the crowd was brilliant I think!