Decent cheap ADAT preamp for Digi 003R+?

brianhood

No Care Ever
I need something i can hook up to my 003r+ via my optical output. I plan on using this just for triggers, so it doesnt have to be amazing. Just something decent that will work with my 003r+ without issues

i was looking at the Mackie onyx 800r, but i don't think i want to spend that much on something I'll just be using for triggers

+1 for the ADA8000.

The pre's really aren't that bad at all if you are conservative with the gain. Just in case you do need them for real. Same with the line-inputs (which are just pads to the pre's BTW).

I am also a fan of the D8 and the Digimax FS.

The pre's really aren't that bad at all if you are conservative with the gain. Just in case you do need them for real. Same with the line-inputs (which are just pads to the pre's BTW).

Aye, I bought one recently for mucho cheapo cos I couldn't afford much more, and was expecting some horror with the preamps being noisy, but I've not had a any problems so far, I mean, they're not amazing, but you can work with them.

Also worth noting that the unit I bought is actually dated from 02, I'm not sure whether I should be reassured that it's not going to go defunct on me traditional Behringer style or be worried that its gonna go cos its done eight years. :lol: