Decent cheap ear buds?

i got a bunch of philips ear buds off amazon a while back for $5 a pair. no complaints at all for the price.

i usually look on the back of the package. if it says 20hz-20khz, i dont buy them. anything below 20hz and you'll have good bass. i bought a pair of jvc's for 14.99 that had an 8hz-20khz, and they sound great. if i don't see the frequencies on the back of the package, i wont buy them.

Just in case cause it took me a year to realize : the last version of iPhones earbuds are actually good for something that comes with a phone. For 29

I like the Koss Sparkplugs. A little heavy on the low end but you can put tape on the back to block the ports.

Good isolation, $14, and pretty good coverage of frequencies. I wouldn't mix with them since even bad mixes sound pretty good. But hey, even bad mixes sound pretty good!!

i usually look on the back of the package. if it says 20hz-20khz, i dont buy them. anything below 20hz and you'll have good bass. i bought a pair of jvc's for 14.99 that had an 8hz-20khz, and they sound great. if i don't see the frequencies on the back of the package, i wont buy them.

since when can humans hear below 20hz?

If this is for reference purposes only then the iPhone earbuds would be the best because most people I see these days when listening to music portably use them.

These are fantastic
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-XBA-C10-Active-In-Ear-Headphones-White/dp/B00B9BDO2K/ref=sr_1_15?ie=UTF8&qid=1416411112&sr=8-15&keywords=sony+xba[/ame]
They used to be a lot more expensive but the price has dropped recently.
So good I got 2 pairs.
They are balanced armature and sound rich and full with no distortion and very little ear fatigue.
I wear them when tracking guitars if the guitarist needs loud monitors.
I can listen at low volume with great clarity and they are extremely comfortable due to the little triangle part that rests in your ear.
Trust me, they are a steal at the reduced price :)

obviously its not an accurate reading. its just a reference point for cheap ear buds. don't believe me? try it yourself. not saying humans can hear below 20hz, just saying thats been my experience in having bass in cheap ear buds.

Sorry to break it to you waav studios but those readings mean jack shit. Nowhere close to any reference point or anything. ;)

There's no way at all that those little earbuds or IEM drivers can go anywhere close to 8hz anyway, it's all marketing mumbo jumbo.

guys. jesus! im not saying they are getting down to 8hz. im saying this is a way i have found to weed out the good from the bad. im sorry if im not making this clear. of course they aren't achieving 8 fucking hertz, i thought that was a no brainer. but if the dude wants cheap ear buds that sound good this is a little trick i found. im not a complete moron. i know the frequency spectrum of the human hearing. clear?

cheap walmart ear buds say 20hz-20khz, but whenever i bought those i usually didn't hear any bass at all. it was like a low pass to 150hz. i have found that when they say anything lower than 20hz, which some do, im not saying they are accurate and can achieve that. OK! usually you will find yourself with a pair of cheap ear buds that has pretty decent bass to them and over all sound. can we all stop misunderstanding me now?