Def Leppard in Brisbane!

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
No mention of the tour here so far, so I'm assuming that I'm the only one who is seeing them.

Went to the Brisbane gig tonight. It was the best concert I've ever been to. Just perfect. Pretty much sold out show, too, and the audience was great. Joe Elliott was taken aback by how awesome we were, like Bruce at the first Sydney show earlier this year.

If I knew it was going to be this good then I probably would have gone to a few more of the shows around the country.

The setlist, for anyone interested (are those crickets I hear, or is it just ringing in my ears?):

Rocket
Animal
C'mon C'mon
Foolin'
Make Love Like A Man
Nine Lives
Love Bites
Two Steps Behind
Bringin' On The Heartbreak
Switch 625
Hysteria
Armageddon It
Photograph
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Rock Of Ages

Encore
When Love & Hate Collide
Let's Get Rocked

Not as good as I expected, but that might be because they're getting a bit old, I don't know. I only really heard them to prepare for the set and they suddenly became one of my favourite bands, so perhaps my expectations were exceedingly high. Got a great reception from the crowd though, probably the best I've seen for a support act.

Woke up to the radio the other day and the voice was telling us that he saw the concert in Sydney the night before and it was awesome.

Shame that I didn't know sooner.

I would have gone along if tickets had been cheaper. I don't listen to them a lot, but it would have been cool. Glad you enjoyed it, Spiffo. Maybe I'll catch them somewhere like Sheffield University one day.

Love Bites, what someone did done post on YouTube:

[ame]http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=fsoevDoKZcA[/ame]

I didn't take my camera. Would have got some great shots, methinks (just like when I didn't take my camera to Kiss earlier in the year).

I went and I agree with what Spiff said. It was an amazing gig. I was expecting them to be good, but they were really good. One of the best shows I've ever seen. On the aging thing, Phil Collen doesn't look like he's aged a day either and he is buff as fuck now too haha. Rick did look older when you saw him close up.

All in all wow, couldn't have hoped for a better show really, apart from maybe Gods of War instead of Armageddon It, but that is a really minor complaint heh.