Brisbane review (w/ photos)

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

Brisbane rocked. There were actually people in the seated area who stood for the whole show - in fact, the most I've ever seen. Many still sat down, of course, but I was quite impressed.

I sat through Lauren 'Arris's set because I wanted to try out my new camera. The photos didn't turn out that well, but I was still learning. She was OK I suppose. Someone yelled out "I love Nikki Sixx" after one song in reference to the bass player. I sang along to "Steal Your Fire" because it's an awesome song, and surprised myself by singing along to the last one even though I'd only heard it once before (in Sydney on night one).

Didn't bother with Behind Crimson Eyes, caught up with a mate in the foyer instead. Dunno how they went down. Then caught up with another mate in the bar and we then went down to the floor a few minutes before the show began. I got him into Maiden last year and he had only heard mp3s but was impressed enough to buy a gold GA ticket. Gotta love that.

Awesome show, as expected. I probably spent too much time taking photos - took about 211 of Maiden all up, but only a fraction of those were any good, again because I'm still learning how to use the new camera. The ones that were good were great. I'll post some up soonish.

No set list change, but after Hallowed Be Thy Name and final farewell the lights were still down for about a minute and the audience thought they were coming back. So did I, I must admit, but then the lights came back on. Oh well.

Bruce had trouble with the intro to Moonchild because he kept laughing whilst talking to Davey. Took him three attempts.

Awesome three concerts. Performance-wise they were the same, but audience-wise I'd give the smiley stamp to the first Sydney show.

The photos are a bit noisy but I can probably fix that.

lauren.jpg

lauren2.jpg

laurenstage.jpg

laurencrowd.jpg

crowd.jpg

maiden.jpg

davey-adrian.jpg

Canon IXUS 860. Nice. I did a couple of videos (Bruce talking before Wasted Years and Rime of the Ancient Mariner) that I guess I could put on YouTube if anyone's interested. Beautiful quality, sound-wise.

It was awesome, I took a couple of mates along have have actually just never bothered to listen to Maiden before, both were absolulty blown away, sure as shit the best gig I have ever been to

Now that was one ":yell:"FUCKING AWESOM SHOW...:headbang:

I have to say the crowed that went on stage for *Heaven Can Wait* ":yell:"SUCKED...prancing around like they were at a Kylie concert ":yell:"FARKINELL IT'S A F*CKING MAIDEN CONCERT and if that was pat cash in the green shirt, well at least put a f*cking maiden Shirt on WOT A TWAT, he's not at f*cking Wimbledon now.

But over all Iron Maiden rocked my fucking world last night, great pics by the way. I did feel sorry for the people right at the front when they put the smoke out, I still have that taste in my mouth and I was in the stand...but one of the best views, I could see the hole show and no one in my way, by far the best concert I've been to in all my years, well worth the wait...:headbang: the name said it all...*SOMEWHERE BACK IN TIME* I was back in 85...:headbang: and what a crowed all Maiden fans...And their shirts, I have two words for them, Fucking Awesome.:headbang:

Well till the next time....:headbang:

Hello

Brisbane rocked. There were actually people in the seated area who stood for the whole show - in fact, the most I've ever seen. Many still sat down, of course, but I was quite impressed.

I never sat down once, I couldn't I had the Union Jack over the rail, then was told twice to take it down but then the TROOPER was on and the Flag was to stay for the rest of the concert.

What the hell is wrong with Pat Cash wearing a green shirt to Maiden? What rule states you have to wear a maiden shirt to a maiden gig. Hell I wore a white t shirt and boardies to the brisbane show. Dressing up metal proves fuck all. I still sung along with every word. Does this make me or patty less of a fan just cause we didnt wear the bands shirt to the show. Hell no. If you want to wear a maiden shirt to a gig good on you, but bagging out someone for not wearing one is lame and childish.

Edit: Oh yeah the show was fucking brilliant as expected. I rate it along side the first melb show in terms of crowd, but Maidens performance was better. 1st Sydney show was still the best overall imo.

What a week.

What the hell is wrong with Pat Cash wearing a green shirt to Maiden? What rule states you have to wear a maiden shirt to a maiden gig. Hell I wore a white t shirt and boardies to the brisbane show. Dressing up metal proves fuck all. I still sung along with every word. Does this make me or patty less of a fan just cause we didnt wear the bands shirt to the show. Hell no. If you want to wear a maiden shirt to a gig good on you, but bagging out someone for not wearing one is lame and childish.

You go, girlfriend! :headbang: