Define "expensive"

It's a shame nobody bothered to read my list of definitions....you all missed the bit on bukkake and cannibal chocolate incest.

Even though something costs more then you possibly can afford, its not necessarily expensive.
However, if something costs more then you think its worth paying for(Even if you could afford it.), then its expensive.. at least thats my view of the matter.

Even though something costs more then you possibly can afford, its not necessarily expensive.
However, if something costs more then you think its worth paying for(Even if you could afford it.), then its expensive.. at least thats my view of the matter.

+1

If you buy a truck for 3000$ that's a pretty good deal. If you buy a candy bar for 3000$ that's expensive. Even though they are both 3000$.

I consider anything expensive if it costs more than the average thing in the class/type of good.

IE, $10 for a pack of Ramen is expensive, $10 for a steak is cheap
$500 for a bad guitar is expensive, $500 for a good guitar is cheap

So this may be very n00b like of me....

But you guys get student loans to buy gear?

I get student loans so I can go to school...

HMMMMM

I'm getting screwed here haha

Depends on if it's subsidized by the government or not. I have bought some gear this way, the interest rate is really low, and when all was said and done I am less than $8k in the hole.