Expensive clothes

Primark is the best clothes store ever. Good quality shit, super cheap, I buy there A LOT

I can't buy primark shit because our washing machines at uni run super hot and it always shrinks. Clothes from topman fit me better because I'm one skinny motherfucker, and they don't shrink. Just avoid all the shitty in fashion shit that makes you look like a fucking pussy.

Its worth spending extra money on stuff like winter coats and shoes because good quality is essential in something that's meant to keep you warm or protect your precious feet. I have a nice smart black coat for going down the pub and a big ass red Gore-tex pro shell coat for going up big mountains. All situations covered :D

Yeah bro, Nergal is done up pretty well. Wearing jeans that fit and shirts that arent all fucked off and faded and sleeveless, and while his hair is long, it isnt some sketched out fucking mess, either.

In that third Nergal pic, you cant even pretend he's not 200% more "presentable to normal chicks" than, say:

alexi.jpg

Moving on... here's a few other guys looking like presentable metal dudes:

Gojira:

gojira_band_big.jpg

Samael:

samael1.jpg

And guys that look like typical metal guys...

studio01.jpg

I guess I dress a lot more like Nergal, Gojira and Samael than I do Alexi and Emmure, hahah

Blecchh, they don't look like typical metal guys, they look like typical metalcore/crunkcore/thuggangstermotherfucker wannabe...guys

well just saying, its how a lot of dudes look now, and there was a thread shitting on emmure earlier already so. I mean you can bring up fucking NILE pics too if you want, lol

I regularly drop $135 for a pair of jeans and don't feel bad at all about it. Why? Because they fit better. I've tried jeans from stores like Old Navy and Levi and they fit like shit and make me look like a dumb ass. I'm not saying I wouldn't wear a cheaper pair of jeans, it's just that I can't find any that fit me like I like. I also have no problem admitting, though, that I am a bit of a brand whore but that's not just when it comes to clothes. I also really enjoy preppy girls and JeffTD is completely right about chicks like that are not typically going to date a dude who wears nothing but Cannibal Corpse shirts.

I'm sort of baffled by the "expensive stuff fits better" argument some guys are making. I guarantee that 90% of this stuff is made in the same Chinese and Indonesian factories. Obviously some stuff is poorly made and some people are harder to fit but the notion that cost=quality is a misnomer at best. For example Levi's has something like 100 styles of men's jeans and that's just one of ten makers I can think of that make jeans in the $20-60 range. I just find it hard to believe that none of the styles by any of those brands are capable of fitting. All they would have to do is go to the store and measure the magic fit $200 pants and make them like that. If you like the style and have the money I fully support your right to choose but I can't stand bending facts to rationalize taste.

I'm sort of baffled by the "expensive stuff fits better" argument some guys are making. I guarantee that 90% of this stuff is made in the same Chinese and Indonesian factories. Obviously some stuff is poorly made and some people are harder to fit but the notion that cost=quality is a misnomer at best. For example Levi's has something like 100 styles of men's jeans and that's just one of ten makers I can think of that make jeans in the $20-60 range. I just find it hard to believe that none of the styles by any of those brands are capable of fitting. All they would have to do is go to the store and measure the magic fit $200 pants and make them like that. If you like the style and have the money I fully support your right to choose but I can't stand bending facts to rationalize taste.

+1, this is exactly what I meant in my first post

I really wish I could go pick out a pair of Levi's and have them fit as well as my Diesels do. Last weekend, I tried on literally every cut of Levi's besides the 'extra skinny' jeans that was in the Levi's store at the outlet mall near my house - none of them would fit me as well as my Diesels without some kind of tailoring, and there's something odd to me about a pair of Levi's tailored, although they would probably fit perfect and still be cheaper than the Diesels at that point.

Yeah, and I'm not arguing that some people might have better luck with some brands, so much as I'm saying there is no way that simply spending more money means clothes fit better. Logic serves that the best bet for best fit is to shop without any preconceived notions about brand or budget.

Yeah bro, Nergal is done up pretty well. Wearing jeans that fit and shirts that arent all fucked off and faded and sleeveless, and while his hair is long, it isnt some sketched out fucking mess, either.

In that third Nergal pic, you cant even pretend he's not 200% more "presentable to normal chicks" than, say:

alexi.jpg

Moving on... here's a few other guys looking like presentable metal dudes:

Gojira:

gojira_band_big.jpg

Samael:

samael1.jpg

And guys that look like typical metal guys...

studio01.jpg

I guess I dress a lot more like Nergal, Gojira and Samael than I do Alexi and Emmure, hahah
Finally someone who seems to get what I'm saying. :) ;)
+1 That's just abou it.

Certain brands do provide a different style of cut, this I know for sure. There's shirts I can wear from some guys that I just cant seem to wear from the other guys. some companies tend to make things for lanky guys or maybe for more barrel shaped guys, etc etc. There's definitely a cut favored by some brands for sure. Like I can wear Kenneth Cole pants all day, but nothing from Express works worth of fuck for me... and no, I dont mean jeans, I mean fucking pants/slacks/trousers, whatever. Pants may not concern most of you, Im just added food for thought about certain cuts and styles.

basically all of my clothes are expensive. im happy with them, a lot of you probably wouldnt be happy spending that amount on clothes. i dont care about spending more if i like the clothes and i know i can get it all sorted quickly. i despise tk maxx/primark/most other cheap places as you are basically fighting for clothes.

theres more to clothes than what they are made of and where they are made. the fits/styles/designs all change with time, and its up to you what you buy/wear.

I don't spend much on clothes at all. Actually, I've never spent money on "expensive" clothes other than trying to fit in back in high school with huge-ass JNCO jeans and stuff like that. =/

But it seems that I normally stick with Levi, Arizona, stuff like that.....and most of the time they never fit totally right. Maybe I'm an awkwardly shaped guy? Maybe my ass is too big? Maybe my upper torso is too tall? This shit sometimes runs through my head, then I think "WHAT THE FUCK?!? WHY WOULD I CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS OF THE WAY I LOOK?!?!"

The crotch area is what always seems to fuck me. I can't wear a pair of jeans normally around my waist, I sort of have to "wigg" them out....where my belt rests below my hip bones. If i pull them up "normally", my balls cant breathe.

*head explodes*

i think im mostly like jbroll clothes wise - minus gaffa tape flip flops.

Any band i record/etc i make it part of payment they have to give me a shirt of theirs thus i havent brought a t shirt in about 5/6 years.

Ultimatly i think people will wear what they feel comfortable in.

The dressing up for girls issue is weird to me... im gonna sound like a male man bastard but i prefer them to dress up for me!