Just experienced lucid dreaming

Had this for years, probally when I allready was about 11 or 12 years old. I always have this "thing" that I test to see if I'm dreaming (to make me aware that I'm dreaming), I jump as high as I can, and when I'm dreaming I can float. That's seriously the most awesome time, simply because I can control the jumps.

I don't know for sure.
I do know that ever since I cut back on my pot smoking habbit I dream like crazy again.
So perhaps something in your diet might me the case.

Also, you might know that DMT is released by your pineal gland, concidered the 'seat of the soul' by many cultures, every night which is thee chem. that makes you dream etc.

when DMT is smoked in its 'pure' crystal form the more you smoke the less you remember of you trip (dream).

I always think that whenever you can't remember your dream you've just had a big dose released into your system.
Self protection I've heard someone calling it.

If we wouldn;t dream we would, according to mainstream science, go crazy and or be very tired.

im not Karl Hungus :loco:

I know what DMT is and I'm not about to try it. No more drug experimentation for me. :loco: I do smoke everyday, maybe that? But I did back when I remembered dreaming too. IDK, I just stopped remembering my dreams about 6-8 years ago. (guessing) I've since been curious as to why but all I get is a bunch of spiritual nonsense from some people I've asked. Maybe I do get a natural DMT overload, darn it. :erk:

I've had lucid dreams a few times... after I ate hallucinogenic mushrooms :lol:

But seriously, I don't really believe in it much. A few of my friends have talked about it a lot, but I don't think any of them have ever actually experienced it. Seems to be new-age, hippy nonsense to me. Never worked for me, never worked for any of my friends. I think what people call lucid dreaming is just them not being in a very deep sleep, so their thoughts are affecting what their mind is thinking about, which in turn affects what they see in their dreams.....

The same thing is very common during tripping, although much more obvious, I think. If you are tripping hard enough you can "make" things change to particular colors just by thinking about them, thinking about something cold can make you feel cold, thinking about water can make you feel wet, etc. etc.

with me and flying, its as if you just kind of "think about jumping' and then you just take off and go where you want. its actually making me want to go to sleep just to experience it, its fucking epic.

Yeah, it rules. I occasionally dream this and the interesting part is that in the dream there's always some half-assed explanation why I can do what I'm doing. Most recently I was in the mountains jumping downhill but the thing is it was not steep at all and I was floating forward and only slightly downward. In a previous case I had some sort of jetpack gadget that didn't actually have a propulsion system but it still allowed me to fly with absolute freedom and control and it was the best case of sleep-flying so far.

but you don't really know if you didn't just dreamt that you were controlling the dream while actually you were not

No of course not, but this dream was different from anything I can remember dreaming before, and it felt like I was concious from the moment I realized I were dreaming and until I was getting of the couch standing on my feets.
I can remember walking out of the _visual_ dream and into just darkness where it was only me and my thoughts and I opened my eyes and went to the toilet, still in my same state of mind.

Genius Gone Insane:
I only slept for an hour and a half I guess.. Got only a few hours this night so I had to surrender myself to the couch when I got back home from work.. :lol:
The only thing I ate was a small piece of orange flavored chocolate (I don't think it's relevant imo) :loco:

edit: I don't do drugs and I haven't touched anything the last 5 years

But seriously, I don't really believe in it much. A few of my friends have talked about it a lot, but I don't think any of them have ever actually experienced it.

While the legitimacy of lucid dreaming can be debated because you are asleep, Voluntary Astral travel is something that occurs while you are fully awake and aware of your surroundings. I have experienced this a few times and I recommend you give it a try if you are curious about this sort of thing.
It is a similar to meditation but unlike most meditative states you have full control as to where (and when) your 'spiritual' body can go. This is where it gets kinda freaky. Because you are not a physical body you are not limited by the laws of the universe... travelling becomes instantaneous. You need to know where you want to go so either a place you have been or visualizing it by looking at a photo etc before travelling and then when you are travelling you can go to these places in as much time as it takes to think about it.

I have a great book on the subject, I will get back from my friend that has had it for years and tell you the name of it if you are interested.

Edit: Every guy who is saying, that he has active sex in his lucid dream....is a liar or doing it for a freaky long time....or its just a normal dream....

I've never practiced it at all, and im not lying about it either.

Than it wasn´t a ld. It´s just to hard to stay in a ld, when feelings are touched that much..... adrenalin etc.....

Edit: ACTIVE SEX. .... not seeing some tits dude.

I had lucid dreams a few times, it's really cool. And I don't particularly care if it's really being "active" or just believing it.
Did some awesome flying stuff, and stuff involving tits on occasion.

If I realize I might be dreaming I take a look at my watch, then look away and look at it again. If it shows a totally different time on the second look, it's a dream. Then usually wild flying maneuvers ensue. :D

Than it wasn´t a ld. It´s just to hard to stay in a ld, when feelings are touched that much..... adrenalin etc.....

Edit: ACTIVE SEX. .... not seeing some tits dude.

Active sex has happened a few times.. didn't find it that hard?
Maybe im just awesome, thought about that?

I used to try this a lot. A few times I've realised I've been dreaming and have had control of myself in a dream, completely aware that it wasn't real life, but all the times that has happened, I haven't been able to do any cool shit like fly...

You can train yourself to do it at will.
Of course it will be very hard.
But IMHO it is worth it :) Just being in this inner world is great ! Your eyesight is perfect not only in the small central part, but all the way to all sides, you can do everything, you are a god of your own reality.
There are many web fora about lucid dreaming and its bigger brother - astral projection and their even bigger brother - out of body experiences.

I've had lucid dreams a few times... after I ate hallucinogenic mushrooms :lol:

But seriously, I don't really believe in it much. A few of my friends have talked about it a lot, but I don't think any of them have ever actually experienced it. Seems to be new-age, hippy nonsense to me. Never worked for me, never worked for any of my friends. I think what people call lucid dreaming is just them not being in a very deep sleep, so their thoughts are affecting what their mind is thinking about, which in turn affects what they see in their dreams.....

The same thing is very common during tripping, although much more obvious, I think. If you are tripping hard enough you can "make" things change to particular colors just by thinking about them, thinking about something cold can make you feel cold, thinking about water can make you feel wet, etc. etc.

I would think same if I didn't experience this few times. It actually works, and it's weird. For me it was always dreaming the normal dream, then at some point something weird happens and I suddenly know I am dreaming and I'm able to control my actions(never was able to control the dream itself tho :/). That feeling you get when you realize that youre dreaming is amazing, kinda like waking up from a dream(but youre still in said dream). I was trying to get it more frequently, but I can't seem to remember my dreams nowdays :/

It's definetly not 'hippy nonsense'.

While the legitimacy of lucid dreaming can be debated because you are asleep, Voluntary Astral travel is something that occurs while you are fully awake and aware of your surroundings. I have experienced this a few times and I recommend you give it a try if you are curious about this sort of thing.
It is a similar to meditation but unlike most meditative states you have full control as to where (and when) your 'spiritual' body can go. This is where it gets kinda freaky. Because you are not a physical body you are not limited by the laws of the universe... travelling becomes instantaneous. You need to know where you want to go so either a place you have been or visualizing it by looking at a photo etc before travelling and then when you are travelling you can go to these places in as much time as it takes to think about it.

I have a great book on the subject, I will get back from my friend that has had it for years and tell you the name of it if you are interested.

This is called imagination.

It happens everyonce in a while. Usually if I nap from the day to the night, I have a better chance of having one. If I sleep from the afternoon to late evening then wake up for a couple of minutes then go back to sleep that almost guarantees me a lucid dream. I've tried opening my eyes to wake up during one but I ended up having a really bad headache. I get quite a few every year.

Real astral travel is extremely hard, because it requires a totally clear mind = no expectations.

For example if you want to travel to your moms house and you expect it to be painted green like it always was, but in reality it is white now... you will appear not in the astral image of the objective reality to see real events happening there, but in your imagined subjective world in which everything can happen including a pink flying elephant spraying the house with magical steam from his nose to change the house into a flying pirate caravel that will serve the elephant on his quest to conquer the universe.

So you can't imagine where you want to go, you have to will it without imagining it. Hard to explain.