Just experienced lucid dreaming

onqel

Jan 4, 2008
Norway
I've just experienced lucid dreaming!
took a nap, started dreaming, for some other reason I realized I was dreaming. I could take control over the stuff happening in the dream (make the color of the stairs fade from green to white, strip the clothes of a girl etc) .. :OMG:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dream

Sickest thing ever! :kickass:

Awesome ! way to go.
I've been trying for a while now.
Perhaps trying to hard.

Did you use Steven laberge's book/audiobook ?

btw. His take on this is that it is 'just' a dreamworld.... I think theres more to it ;)

Are you familiar with Sigmund Freud's Dream Interpretation book? It's insane. Talks a lot about lucid dreaming.

Lol pretty awesome. I read about lucid dreaming but never experienced it, at least I think so.
I can influence my dreams sometimes, but they're "made" by me anyway so it could be that the event would have happend even without me trying to change anything..
It's all too confusing to even think about it, haha. I never realized I was dreamin during a dream, though.

I tried to do it 4-5 years ago without success and haven't tried it since.. it just happened randomly!

It didn't last for very long, I woke up because there was a man that I couldn't "control" and he had a gun and was shooting at me... haha
it turned out as a nightmare :p

Damn! I wish I could do that. I always feel my brain premeditates a script for each dream, the only thing I have "power" on is what I do in it like in reality (should I punch him or run or jump or whatever) but that's probably all premeditated as well anyways! I'd love to be able to have lucid dreams though :(

I tried to do it 4-5 years ago without success and haven't tried it since.. it just happened randomly!

It didn't last for very long, I woke up because there was a man that I couldn't "control" and he had a gun and was shooting at me... haha
it turned out as a nightmare :p

You should have confronted him!
This could have solved something in you, you might not have found out yet even.:loco:

When I used to remember my dreams, I found this very easy to do. Almost every dream I had, I could control. The thing is, I had no idea it was called "Lucid dreaming". I always thought (because I didn't bother to look it up, still haven't) this whole "Lucid dreaming" was a bunch of hippie nonsense. Much like "Sacred Geometry" and "fortune telling". When I get time I'll read the wiki, see what the deal is.

Anyone have any idea why I can't remember my dreams anymore? (assuming, I do dream every night like people say)

Almost every single time i have control in my dreams.
For some reason it always ends up with some hot chick being topless. :lol:

it happens to me quite a lot. usually i get too excited at the prospect of flying or shagging some insanely hot bird and wake up.

usually flying is the better of the 2, its just fucking incredible!

This!

I never actually flown in a dream but I could actually jump as if gravity affected me very little it was fucking insane!

When I used to remember my dreams, I found this very easy to do. Almost every dream I had, I could control. The thing is, I had no idea it was called "Lucid dreaming". I always thought (because I didn't bother to look it up, still haven't) this whole "Lucid dreaming" was a bunch of hippie nonsense. Much like "Sacred Geometry" and "fortune telling". When I get time I'll read the wiki, see what the deal is.

Anyone have any idea why I can't remember my dreams anymore? (assuming, I do dream every night like people say)

I don't know for sure.
I do know that ever since I cut back on my pot smoking habbit I dream like crazy again.
So perhaps something in your diet might me the case.

Also, you might know that DMT is released by your pineal gland, concidered the 'seat of the soul' by many cultures, every night which is thee chem. that makes you dream etc.

when DMT is smoked in its 'pure' crystal form the more you smoke the less you remember of you trip (dream).

I always think that whenever you can't remember your dream you've just had a big dose released into your system.
Self protection I've heard someone calling it.

If we wouldn;t dream we would, according to mainstream science, go crazy and or be very tired.

im not Karl Hungus :loco:

Cool Thread.

My Wife and daughter are both able to do this. As a child I used to do this almost every night, I would fly, ride imaginary horses or swim in mid air.
I also have dreams (NOW) where I will be climbing up something tall like a slide and just as I get to the top I fall (reenacting an event that happened to me when I was 4) but when I reach the ground I pass straight though it into a black void where I very slowly fall down and down and down....
Eventually I can see a small figure at the bottom and when I get there it is me asleep in my bed. I keep falling until I am just hovering over my own body, which I can make out very clearly. I then drop into my body and wake up with a huge jump. This seems to be a combination of both lucid dreaming and something else called astral travel. Astral travel is a cool concept that can be brought about while you are awake! I have experimented a few times and have been relatively successful but it is very hard. Worth looking into if you like that kind of thing.

doing lucid dreaming for 8 years now... and i fucking sleep tooo much..... it became quite popular with Inception i think :D

Edit: Every guy who is saying, that he has active sex in his lucid dream....is a liar or doing it for a freaky long time....or its just a normal dream....