Lucid Dreaming

opeth_353

May 31, 2005
UK
www.myspace.com
This is something i've kind of been.. quietly interested in for a while.. Not really talking about it, but thinking about it lots. I just found it incredibly interesting.. But never really planned to try it out.

But this morning i woke up with the distinct feeling that, in the dream i had, i had become aware that i was actually in a dream. As the morning progressed i felt more and more convinced of it and my interest has surged since this event.

I've decided i'm going to start a 'dream diary' to help improve my dream recalling abilities, and basically doing the necessary things to try and cause lucid dreams.

For any willing to read up on it, check out this site:
http://www.ld4all.com

But for those lazy sods - lucid dreaming is when, whilst in a dream state, you become conscious that you are not awake. Once you do this, with practice, you can start taking control of your dreams and performing feats that defy the laws of the waking world/'reality'. Becoming lucid is meant to be fairly easy after a while, but staying lucid is meant to be far trickier.

I recommend you all look into it, and definitely check out the film 'Waking Life'. Especially if you plan on sampling some fine psychoactive herbs. However, do not attempt to lucid dream when high on any legal or illegal drugs.. Drugs of any kind are notorious for impairing your ability to remember dreams.

No, it was not pompous at all :) I advise you watch it again, i think it's one of the most intriguing and possibly one of my favourites films ever.

Yeah I was really interested in lucid dreaming a while back, as well as loosely interested in things like astral projection.

Ask us about Calea Zacatechichi.

I kept a dream journal for a little while. Maybe it lasted two weeks. I just got lazy and couldn't actually keep up with it, good luck Stephen I think you'll need it yourself.

I think I might have mentioned this stuff on the old forum in the thread about binaural beats. I'd look those up too.

Waking Life>Nearly any movie, especially, The Fountain. I've been extremely interested in lucid dreaming, but never got around to keeping my own dream journal. I have tried several different methods to induce a lucid state in my dreaming mind, some have been successful, others not so much. I've found that certain music can aid to a dream state, but also has the capability of deterring you from focusing on the dream world. Ambient and drone tend to work wonderfully: Maeror Tri/Troum, Cisfinitum and Rapoon are some great names to look in to.

Yeah I was really interested in lucid dreaming a while back, as well as loosely interested in things like astral projection.

Ask us about Calea Zacatechichi.

I kept a dream journal for a little while. Maybe it lasted two weeks. I just got lazy and couldn't actually keep up with it, good luck Stephen I think you'll need it yourself.

I think I might have mentioned this stuff on the old forum in the thread about binaural beats. I'd look those up too.

How queer.. I had been looking at Calea before and liked the sound of it.. But thought it'd probably do fuck all ahaha.. I may have to invest in some now! Smoke a couple of Calea joints before sleep and see where it takes me!

I do think that i might be the sort of lazy sod who just goes back to sleep rather than make sure i get the dream down.. Went to write some stuff down this morning and realised i'd left the diary downstairs >< Not a good start!

BOOO..
Upon waking up this morning.. I couldn't remember a single dream.. I got the distinct feeling i had been dreaming, vague images.. But i couldn't get anything written down.

I must persist. It's become quite apparent that not only am i going to have a long wait before becoming lucid.. But i think i may have a long wait before i get my diary started!

Hard anal penetration.

And lots of it.

/I got my first dream diary entry down today :D The dream involves my old school, my old band, aliens/monsters shooting at me with lazers, me teaching a human smurf thing to jump up stairs to escape quicker.. And then being told off by someone for 'using shortcuts'.

There was a middle section in my dream that i only have a really fuzzy recollection of. If anyone's seen Naked Lunch, it was almost like when the main character goes to the 'black meat' production factory.. And the person who told me off for using shortcuts was the guy who ran the place.

Ahaha.. I've never ever had a wet dream actually.

Here it is:

There is a 'middle section' to the dream that, upon awakening, became very hazy.

The dream started with me walking around my old school (although it looked nothing like it in my dream, but i knew it was it). I saw some people who went there, and i didn't like, so i deliberately ignored them. Soon i was with my old band members, who were in my school as well. In reality, i am no longer friends with the band's singer/guitarist, but in this dream i was happily chatting away to all the members.. We were talking about what songs we were going to play. We walked through our local music venue, into the backstage area (which, in my dream was a random kitchen) and started talking further about what songs to play - we decided on a couple of tracks we used to play, and some Opeth covers. We were to play a 'reunion gig', and i remember feeling puzzled as to why it seemed such a big deal.. I don't even like the band anymore, and i was thinking precisely that during the dream.

Then comes the 'middle section'. I don't quite remember it, but if anyone's seen Naked Lunch.. it was very similar to the part of the film where the main character goes to the 'Black Meat' factory.. I met a man there and talked to him for a bit.. Before leaving and going somewhere else.

Soon i encountered some aliens/monsters.. And for a while i was trying to hide from them.. But they spotted me and tried to hunt me down. They looked like a mixture of Space Pirates from Metroid Prime, and Majora's mask from Zelda.. And i remember hiding behind these statues.. And having one peek round and take a swipe at me. I started running away and they tried shooting at me with lazers. Along the way, i noticed i had this absolutely tiny person running away with me.. The only way i could describe him is as a human smurf. Just a smurf-sized human. He was having trouble keeping up, but rather than just carry him... I decided to teach him how to jump really high. He mastered it pretty quickly, and we set off again.. He was jumping up stairs, and then all of a sudden i hear a man shouting at us.

It was the man i met in the 'middle section' of my dream.. Telling me off for 'using shortcuts'.

That is all i remember.

My dream today was a bit odd.. Again it involved my school. I was in a graphic design lesson, and some girl i knew was smoking what looked like a joint, but it was a cigarette.. And our teacher came over and aggressively told her off for smoking weed.. And she didn't protest at all, even though she wasn't smoking weed.

Then, my girlfriend joined the class (well, it was as if she'd been there the whole time, but i hadn't seen her up until this point) and for some reason.. She told me the only things she found attractive about me were my hair and my skin (like, the condition they were in) .. She didn't think i was good looking or had a good personality etc... And when this happened, i remember feeling angry and upset. Then i fell onto the floor and was essentially paralysed and mute. She tried to get me to move and talk and i couldn't.

Can't remember anymore than that.

Not such a clear recollection of my dream this morning..

I was in a supermarket, and this indian guy came over to me and saying 'hey are you Stephen, from Amaurosis?" (Amaurosis is my band). I of course said yes, and he revealed himself to be "OCD". This is a guy who was in a band called Void, that i am very fond of.. And have been talking to a bit recently. I have no idea of his actualy ethnicity, and i wonder why i actually imagined him as being indian. But yes, we talked for a while but i cannot remember what about.

I left the supermarket, and came home to my house (but it wasn't actually like my house). My girlfriend was with me, and it basically became a sex dream :D I was actually quite disappointed that it was just a dream.. Because seemed to be fucking awesome sex ahaha.

Yeeeeeep.