Deja Vu

judas69

god is in the radio
Dec 29, 2005
Do you get it? What is it? Temporal lobe epilepsy? Stress? Precognition? Reincarnation?

Why so many "normal" people?

judas69 said:
Do you get it? What is it? Temporal lobe epilepsy? Stress? Precognition? Reincarnation?

Why so many "normal" people?

This type of thing has always plagued my existance. For a time I felt it as a precognition. I'm not sure what kind of deja vu your are refering to. To me, i get it when I have dreamed of the exact same scenario, and see it in real life. One example that I remember vividly, was a dream of mine about 7 years ago, where I saw 3 people I knew and 1 person I did not know. The place was looking like a makeshift treehouse and there was a bar(the table with shelves) there. At the moment of the revalation I had just joined my current band, and I already knew Dan, Eric and Jeff(original bassist). The other person was Erics brother Darrel whom I didn't know. But the scene that was 2 years after the dream was all of them sitting exactly as they were it was in the dream and even the things they have said were the exactly the same. To me, it is affirmation of something good, but it is only belief, but it is a useful belief and it seems to be true in my experience.

Once in a while, I get Deja Vu, and recently, I've gotten myself into the habbit of saying "Deja Vu..." whenever I get it. It happened to me today in my Computer Science class.
I've always been curious about the true causes of Deja Vu. Is it quite possibly that one has dreamed the same exact moments the previous night, or could it be some kind of past life experience? Maybe Deja Vu is caused by the brain simply playing tricks on a person. I'm not exactly the biggest Biology buff, so I don't know very well how the brain works, but I do think that it's safe to conclude that that's what causes the experience of Deja Vu. (Then again, what else could? I don't really think that my leg would make me feel like I've experienced a specific moment before. :Smug:)
Justin S. said:
Ya i get it.

Im tappin into the Forms baby!
What?

What if we re-live our lives over and over again? The purpose of which is beyond me, but perhaps deja vu could be the result of breaking out of that "loop" and making changes to a future we had literally seen and lived before. I find this to be interesting.

I'm actually very interested if anyone on this form has never at all had this experience.