Deliverance limited version?

I bought the digipack album on Saturday and there's absolutely nothing special about it except for the case. I wouldn't even have bought the digipack but that was the only one I could find in Dublin.

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
Ah I see..I had the same idea as godless.

Godspeed You Black Emperor and everything else on the Constellation Records label is exclusively "digipack" then, and I find them to be cool even if they do stick out like a sore thumb next to my 250+ jewel cases ;)

Technichally speaking they're not I'm afraid :) Just to confuse you, they're all carboard and none of them have the plastic CD holder that makes them digipack, they're just carboard, uber-sexy covers :) And F#A#Oo is in a jewel case.. And godspeed are actually signed to Kranky.. But apart from that ;)

I just picked it up off of eBay. I love digipaks. Dunno why. I guess it's just that they look cool, and it's as if you're getting something extra for your buck.

It's actually more of a love/hate thing truthfully. I don't like 'em when they're too thick to fit in my towers (a la Iced Earth-Days of Purgatory), but other than that, they're cool!

Anyway, I'm lookin' forward to it!

If they were plastic or something, that'd be great. But the paper rips too easily.

Originally posted by Russell
Technichally speaking they're not I'm afraid :) Just to confuse you, they're all carboard and none of them have the plastic CD holder that makes them digipack, they're just carboard, uber-sexy covers :) And F#A#Oo is in a jewel case.. And godspeed are actually signed to Kranky.. But apart from that ;)
Ah..then I guess my NIN CD's are the only other digipacks I have then.

And Godspeed signed to Constellation 2 years ago..

Originally posted by Russell
Ah..then I guess my NIN CD's are the only other digipacks I have then.

And Godspeed signed to Constellation in 1999 and they released the Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada EP for them. And Constellation released Yanqui U.X.O.

Teh best digipaks I seen are the one from Roadrunner Records, I have a couple of them, bu the best deal is that came with extratracks and totally different artwork, thats why I like those digipaks.

But if you look at the In Flames digipak of RTR that sucks, the cover looks so gay and don´t have nothing especial, the same goes for Deliverance the artwork is godd but what about the goddies, nothing.

Thats the main reason I order the jewel case version

I heard some guy on here say that the digipack has 2 bonus tracks because sometimes they do have bonus tracks. He said one was a live track from show in Europe i think and the other was a cover of Pantera's By demons be driven. Who really knows. When I used to post on the In Flames board (RIP) those guys would always complain about how digipacks didn't look good in their cd collections/racks/shelves. And what a bunch of little girls they were. I told them they should by new bed sheets to match the album cover as well:lol. Although they do get banged up really quick, digipacks have a place in all our hearts.

Originally posted by MetalHeadMarc
I heard some guy on here say that the digipack has 2 bonus tracks because sometimes they do have bonus tracks. He said one was a live track from show in Europe i think and the other was a cover of Pantera's By demons be driven. Who really knows.

Did you even read the posts in this thread? It's been mentioned loads of times that there are no extras..lots of people have the digipack.

I'm guessing a special edition will come out like it did with Blackwater Park that will have a couple of b-sides or live tracks..but I'm not buying it again.

Originally posted by Deadlift
i am holding the limited cd in my hands now.

nothing special. no bonus songs.

pretty boring layout.

No offence, but that's a crap thing to put in a post. I think it's great, the front cover is wiiiiicked, I didnt notice for ages the face in the mirror (just like on my fave album MAYH I didnt see P.Lindgren's ex in the woods for months)... I think the artwork is great, I've always loved the lyrics and the way they write them in the sleeve... a lot of bands don't. Just my opinion, but it seem spointless to go on a thread like this and be uninterested about the point of the thread.

I love this album already :)