Deliverance production versus…

Eh, I usually find it hard to talk about delieverance in any way because I usually mention how I think it is Opeth's least impressive album, but I actually DO in fact like the album alot. I'd give it like an 8.5/10.

And imo, there's really nothing wrong with the way the album sounds. I always love albums that sound good with top-notch production, and deliverance definitely delivers.

Alcapoth said:
Eh, I usually find it hard to talk about delieverance in any way because I usually mention how I think it is Opeth's least impressive album, but I actually DO in fact like the album alot. I'd give it like an 8.5/10.

And imo, there's really nothing wrong with the way the album sounds. I always love albums that sound good with top-notch production, and deliverance definitely delivers.

Alcapoth,

I noticed you are worshipping the new Porcupine Tree. How would you compare it to the last two. Sorry if you have already answered this question...

Alcapoth said:

That's exactly the way I feel about the album.

flu boy said:
Alcapoth,

I noticed you are worshipping the new Porcupine Tree. How would you compare it to the last two. Sorry if you have already answered this question...

Nope, this would be a first for me.

Now, as for comparing Deadwing to In Absentia or even Lightbulb Sun, I will have to flat-out say Deadwing is my favourite album from Porcupine Tree. I feel it is quite a ways better than Lightbulb Sun but marginally better than In absentia (which overall, is a fantastic album.) The thing is about Deadwing, at least to me anyway, is that there isn't a particularly "bad" song that stands out on the album like on the previous one (ex. the creator or strip the soul.) This one from beginning to end blew me away. I just like the fact how metal-influenced the album is and features some kick-ass melodies.

Alcapoth said:
Nope, this would be a first for me.

Now, as for comparing Deadwing to In Absentia or even Lightbulb Sun, I will have to flat-out say Deadwing is my favourite album from Porcupine Tree. I feel it is quite a ways better than Lightbulb Sun but marginally better than In absentia (which overall, is a fantastic album.) The thing is about Deadwing, at least to me anyway, is that there isn't a particularly "bad" song that stands out on the album like on the previous one (ex. the creator or strip the soul.) This one from beginning to end blew me away. I just like the fact how metal-influenced the album is and features some kick-ass melodies.

Alcapoth,

Thanks for the info. I am gonna grab this one. I love everything they have done and I was hoping they were continuing to write better and better material. Can't wait to hear it!

flu boy: Excellent! Now, you got me curious, so if ya want, let me know what you think of the album when you get it. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Bangadrian: yeah, the band probably likes it but I don't know why, the tune just never impressed me. It's definitely nothing compared to something like "Trains" or "Prodigal." Now, Strip the Soul has this killer guitar part in it that I do in fact like, but the thing that kills the song for me anyway is when the "Strip the Soul" part begins.

Alcapoth-Will do…I am ordering it tomorrow and after I get a few listens under my belt I will let you know what I think… and thanks again for the info on the new album! :Spin: