deliverance really grows

Wreath definatily grows on me...
Put it simply, Deliverance is the most evil, twisted and chaotic album I've ever heard...something I'm very glad Opeth ventured into.

I find it amazing that the general consensus has been for people to initially hate "Deliverance"...but then it grows on them. I don't know...I sensed its brilliance from the first listen. Maybe it's just me. I think it's well crafted and it flows from one song into the next. Opeth does it again...

Originally posted by Masters Apprentice
It gets old quick..and the novelty of a new Opeth album doesn't last long...I mean christ, just listen to MAYH or Morningrise then Deliverance..there is no contest. It's probably not my least favourite, that goes to Still Life(despite it having 'The Moor').

I like this guy. Finally another person who agrees that Still Life is the worst Opeth album!

Anyway, this album didn't grow on me. At first listen, I loved it - but that was simply because it was Opeth. After a few listens, I didn't like the CD anymore. I gave it a couple more listens just to make sure, and since then it's been collecting dust. This CD has been a huge disappointment. I only hope Damnation can redeem them but if the bonus tracks on BWP special edition are similar to what we'll hear on the next album, I wont get my hopes up.

Wreath takes a bit of growing.

But right now every single song on that album is contestign for best song on the album. They are all great. I hope you all give it time to grow on you. If you don't you are missing out.

Deliverance is like MAYH, it needs a lot of time to get into (properly)...At first I didn´t like too much about MAYH, but now...

Yes, Deliverance has grown on me now a lot too!
At first it was just another "Kick Ass" albumn.
Now its a true Opeth masterpiece in my eyes.
One of the parts that hit me really hard the other day after hearing it many times beofre was in "Wreath"..."Oooold Memoriieeess!"
Anyway, still hardly anything touches Orchid or Morningrise.
Those seem to be the least talked about Opeth albums...but why?
Personally, I think somehow the production seemed to fit perfectly! It wasnt too cheap & it fit the style of music, somewhat echoic and some of the most fresh, original tunes I've ever heard!

Its grown on me too! I think that the entire album kicks ass. I like it better than MAYH or Morningrise and equal with all the others...

Wreath has totally blown me away! It started as my least favourite and now I'm addicted to it. Goddamnit...I love Wreath...can't...stop...listening...to...it....

Deliverance really is a grower...I think its simply an awesome album, moreso than I did when I first got it.

Deliverance has grown on me..The title track rules..Deliverance has an interesting feel to it, good production, and heavier for sure..It's takes some time to digest..The drumming shines on this new opeth release.. Not as unassuming as Morningrise,Orchid or MAYH (my Opeth faves')..However, Deliverance is good...

I just got it yesterday, and I am on my third listen right now. I didn't like it the first time too much, but it seems to be slowly growing on me. Still Life is my favorite Opeth (I seem to be in the minority).

This album is very VERY stripped down for them, I think that may be the reason why I didn't love it from the first listen, like I have with the others. So far it seems to be the most separated from their other albums, which may be a virtue in the long run. More straight-ahead riffs, much more rythmic than before.

Oh yeah, I absolutely LOVE the outro to the title track.

I liked Deliverance from the start, and it got better and better. "Wreath" I don't dislike, I do like it, but just not as much as the other songs. Although whether Deliverance will make it into my Opeth "Top 3" will remain to be seen. :)