Demilich

Dazed and Brutal

Yall About to Witness
May 16, 2006
Winterless New Jersey
Not sure If you all know this.

Demilich is planned to release a compilation album in the late 2006/ early 2007 time frame (which many of you as well know), but in addition are going to do one last tour in the United States (planning to do so May/June, but it hasn't been completely confirmed yet). This is a once in a life thing for me to see one of my favorites bands ever finally come to the U.S. for their official last tour (unless they decide different), and I hope anyone who considers themselves (or likes metal in general) check out this band and hopefully catch their first (and probably only) U.S. tour.

End of my personal fanboi advertisement.

Not trying to ruin your fun but aren't the tours over? If you're thinking next years May/June - I think they were... this year's May/June?

lol. so after looking around (and watching some live footage on youtube) i've come to the conclusion that you are in fact, one year late

MetalNoob said:
This is a once in a life thing for me to see one of my favorites bands ever finally come to the U.S. for their official last tour

sorry, but :lol:

:lol: Yep the tour already happened, and I'm pretty damn sure Demilich will never tour again.

If you have nespithe, especially the one with the demo's why does the band need to release a compilation. Just make an album. How hard it is to write 8 songs!!!!. fuck your compilation album

Atleast demigod trys making new albums even though the albums suck and it takes the band an eternity!.

Demilich seem like a bunch of babies to be honest. The band reforms years later just to play some shows. that's lame

The only way to get recogition and a decent tour would to prove yourself with new material. Demilich could compete with any new death metal on earth and they don't want to ruin their legacy. They're one of the first bands to play complex weird death metal with really low vocals which is what is going on death metal now, and they could just just walk on any new death metal by putting a twist on nespithe and updating the production.

In a few years demilich will be again in obscurity and ten people on the internet will mention nespithe once in awile like now, just less. If I was in a band that made an impact on a genre I would want to be appart of it in a significant way. If you play an instrument what else could you possibly do that would better than writing a new album. I don't get musicians that make one album.

I'm going to start having my favorite albums not become my favorite and not care about people that don't want to make music. When you think about it why should anyone give a shit you have one album and playing some shows 10+ years later. Maybe your cd would sell more than 500 hundred copies if you acted upon it. This is the entire reason why bands are not succesful.

The Greys said:
Demilich seem like a bunch of babies to be honest. The band reforms years later just to play some shows. that's lame

The only way to get recogition and a decent tour would to prove yourself with new material. Demilich could compete with any new death metal on earth and they don't want to ruin their legacy. They're one of the first bands to play complex weird death metal with really low vocals which is what is going on death metal now, and they could just just walk on any new death metal by putting a twist on nespithe and updating the production.

In a few years demilich will be again in obscurity and ten people on the internet will mention nespithe once in awile like now, just less. If I was in a band that made an impact on a genre I would want to be appart of it in a significant way. If you play an instrument what else could you possibly do that would better than writing a new album. I don't get musicians that make one album. Is your day job more fun.

Very true, but I think they assume that they just can't possibly match what they accomplished with "Nestiphe" so instead of trying, they don't. It's pretty sad. I'm also endlessly pissed about probably never seeing live.

I don't even care. I will probably forget I own nespithe in 2 years. You can only stay interested and keep interest in a band that has one album for so long. Unless a band wants to keep people interested. that's there choice

The Greys said:
I don't even care. I will probably forget I own nespithe in 2 years. You can only stay interested and keep interest in a band that has one album for so long. Unless a band wants to keep people interested. that's there choice

Yea, but untill then it's still beyond good.

I think this is the official Demilich thread now.

The enire ruining your legacy is a poor excuse. If you are a musician you should make albums how you feel should be regardless how they sound. In the end no one's going to really hate you because you did not replicate some album you did 12 ago. People are going to see you as an accomplished band, who cares about 100 people that go fuck you guys the album does not sound like nespithe. Those people are not going to help you gain anything. Being a musician is about wanting to play music and you have to play music because thet's what you do. Not about not wanting some kvlt internet fans to dismiss your legacy or debut album because it's not nespithe. :lol:

really

The Greys said:
The enire ruining your legacy is a poor excuse. If you are a musician you should make albums how you feel should be regardless how they sound. In the end no one's going to really hate you because you did not replicate some album you did 12 ago. People are going to see you as an accomplished band, who cares about 100 people that go fuck you guys the album does not sound like nespithe. Those people are not going to help you gain anything.

i doubt thats why they split up or why theyre not making a new album

The Greys said:
The enire ruining your legacy is a poor excuse. If you are a musician you should make albums how you feel should be regardless how they sound. In the end no one's going to really hate you because you did not replicate some album you did 12 ago. People are going to see you as an accomplished band, who cares about 100 people that go fuck you guys the album does not sound like nespithe. Those people are not going to help you gain anything. Being a musician is about wanting to play music and you have to play music because thet's what you do. Not about not wanting some kvlt internet fans to dismiss legacy or debut album.

Exactly, as long as the have the amazing vocals and crushing technical riffs it's Demilich, even if it lacks something else. I don't care if they can't make another Nestiphe, I just want them to release some more meterial, so I can listen more Demilich:headbang:

The Greys said:
What do you think are the reasons.

well what are the usual reasons bands split up :confused: i dunno i just cant see a band going "hey guys i think we've lost it and if we make a new album it will suck so let's split up to preserve our legacy"