Demo recordings with my new gear.

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
Bought some new gear, and did a free live recording with some friends, did a small amount of processing on the mix but its was quit minimal to what i did before i bought my new stuff.

Kick = d6 plus homemade subkick.
Snare = i5 top, sm57 beta bottom.
no tommics.
Overheads = At2020´s
Rooms = T-bone MM1´s

Guitars = Tbone RB100, sm57 & Md421N

Bass = Di & Studioproject C1?

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6638108

Hope you like it! for an unmixed project i was allready quit satisfied with what i got :)

Jb

Sounds GREAT! It's nice sometimes to hear something a little softer. Just wondering what amp is that? I love how it is just a tad gritty. I'm loving that kick sound also. I can't wait to get my D6!!

Indeed man! thats why i also enjoyed recording it!

Guitar was a combination between a musicman combo with the reverb open quit a bit and an old modified randall head, we don´t even know what it is, they mailed randall for schematics and they didn´t even know they made it haha

And kick is almost untouched except for some compression, balancing the subkick and d6 was enough :)

Very cool man, really diggin' this right now. Drums sound fine except the hats could come down a tad as already mentioned, but it's more of a personal pref.

Cool tone too. Really sets an atmosphere/mood for the song.

~006

sounds really good man! i do really dig the ambience in the highhat, that's awesome! it is a bit loud / harsh though... must be hard to take it down and still have some toms in the mix? or perhaps just ride the faders the 2 times he hits them? ;) great job on the bass sound too. not your average sound but fits the music perfectly.
what's the synths?

Pretty cool. Love the snare.
I guess the harshness of the hh comes from the at2020. Maybe a soft high-shelve will fix that.
That's the reason why I try to avoid cheap LDC, they always seem overly bright. The only exceptions I have heard so far are the M-audio Sputnik (not that cheap) and maybe the Kel Audio HM-2.
Glad you liked the mm-1 too.

what's the synths?

Senx!
Synths are from an old Yamaha Fm7, love those things hehe

And burny is right, the At2020´s sound good but a tad harsch sometimes, but they are marvelous for the money though, and i´ll manage more then well in the meantime while i save up for a pair of C451´s!

And indeed, the MM1´s sounded so cool the band even told me to take down the closemics haha

Absolutely loving this! That snare sounds perfect, too - thick and tight but still incredibly natural! Any sample use on it?

I've googled, but I can't find anywhere that sells T-Bone mics. Where'd you get yours, bychance?