Describe Opeth's sound.......

ethereallights

Fevered Pitch
Jun 9, 2004
Somewhere
I was wondering how you would describe Opeth's sound. I would describe it as Camel being anal raped by Morbid Angel.... you get the sweet orgasm of Camel, with the aggression and morbid orgasm of Morbid Angel....that's just my opinion...........

What would you describe their sound as??????????

Sounds like you just find it to be a rather orgasmic experience. I do like the idea of an angel raping a camel, though... :tickled:

But really, isn't a bit sad to be saddling music that obviously touches you so deeply with such a trite description?

Besides, you have to have Bathory in on the orgy....

Take a little bit of drums, work in some guitars, add some bass, then put it all together with some growls and singing. That's Opeth alright.

in reality, Opeth sounds very little like camel as a whole. but id agree with the morbid angel comparison on some levels i suppose.

A pastoral and textured death metal band concentrating on melody and composition more than brutality, especially with various acoustic and anti-climactic moments scattered throughout the majority of their songs to achieve a total duality of dynamics. Beautiful but aggressive.

basically....King Crimson on steroids while having an evil acid trip.

IMO Opeth is one of the greatest bands of all time (lyrically and musically). It's a shame they don't get that much recognition for their music, well except us who actually appreciate good music :worship:.

But I would describe it as chaos (I.E. Deliverance after 1st guitar solo... GASPING FOR AIR!), but lyrically poetic (as gay as that may sound, but it's the way I think of their lyrics). All mixed in with some awesome bass riffs and drums :).

And no matter how much I listen to them, I'll never get sick of 'em :headbang:.

Lyrically poetic, musically beautiful, orgasmic. Opeth can also be described as a aquired taste. It takes a bit of time if your not the "death metal" type to get over the screaming vocals.

OMGZ TEH LYRICS ARE TEH PRTENTIAS!!

Akerfeldt is like the second best lyricist of all time.

i agree with those who say that °akerfeldt's (for some reason IT refused to jump upan the a) lyrics pwn. i like the EA Poe kind of style with some random cool sounding words added very much.

What ever happend to being BROOTAL?

>> this is just my second hobby!

also opeth have some br0te moments in their lyrics. just as 'choking in warm ponds oif blood' or 'smeared across my skin, rotten earth and insects...'!