Describe the Aussie Venues

Spike

Blinded By The Light...
Jul 15, 2001
Australia
Right,

I've been at work for the last 40mins doing bugger all 'cos I'm so ecstatically happy, so I'd better make this short. Now that I know the dates I have to decide which venue/s I'll be flying down to (the choices are most likely between Brisvegas, Melbourne, and Adelaide). So could any of the locals please describe the individual Venues, and how good they are (relatively speaking). If anyone has been to MORE than one of these venues, that would be even better! :D

Then again, I could always base my descision on which of you lovely people I am most likely to meet at each place! :rolleyes:

hehe youll see me at the melbourne show, havent been to the venue tho sorry...

BTW who is gonna be here with me? haha

The Metro is a small room with several sorta step floors. I haven't been there for a while, but it was a good venue. Mayhem played there last year and I heard it was awesome. So I'll be at The Metro.

See you at the Metro guys, just have to find out when tickets go on sale!!

The Metro is quite a good venue, I saw Paradise Lost (Draconian times tour) there years ago, and the sound and vibe of the place was really cool, it's a dark joint which suits the mood of Opeth

Damnation will be out by then too which makes things even sweeter:)

I don't want to sound like a pansy or anything, but the Metro stinks. I mean, it literally stinks cause you've got carpet and what happens when you mix carpet with eons of booze, ash, vomit etc...what we're they thinkin'? I don't know...maybe it makes for safer slam dancing or stage diving or some shit. Anyway, thats my complaint...but then again, its not really a complaint cause I could be happy standing in a pool of camels piss if I got the chance to hear Opeth.

Bring it on Opeth!

BONARS!!!!!!!!

woody.jpg

if anyone knows about the 18+ness of these venues please post.
if the gigs are 18+ and how they check for id etc. also anyone in roughly brisbane area know how much and where to get a fake id?