Describe your hood

My appartment building and close neighbourhood really is too trashy for me, I could afford to get a better place but I'm too lazy at the moment. This house is full of fat single moms who probably have gone into early retirement, I couldn't say for sure because I never talk to them but they are at home all the time, and they always have barbecues right outside of the appartment buildings because they can't afford summer houses.

There is one district in the city I lived. It's called "Palanda" and gipsies live there. I heard it was pretty good, mid-class neighborhood long time ago, but pretty communist tbh. Then they started to build manufactories and I think WWTP was built near too, so people left the place. Then the gipsies moved in. Idk if they pay the rent or have the water, gas and stuff, but probably not. The thing is, there are blocks of flats in kinda U shape and they are open to the driveway and have some space in between. These gipsies started literally throwing trash from windows to the space in between, they just didn't gave a fuck. After some time, there was a pretty big pile of trash. I wonder how they could stand the smell, but after all, they probably smell worse. Anyway, when it was too big or they couldn't get out of the door to the driveway of something, the just torched it. Black smoke was visible pretty far away. I mean, everytime you saw a smoke, you knew this was happening. Or they stole cables and burnt them to melt the isolation to get to copper. Money from the copper were used to buy basic food - cheap wine and cigarettes. Ok, back to fire. Of coure, fire trucks and police came and they extinguished it and they took the trash away. The gipsies were obviously happy, the trash was gone and maybe they even managed to take a shower. When everyone was gone, they just repeated the whole proces. I never heard of any consequences. They are more clever than I thought.

You reminded me of my favorite videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
0Marty that seems awful, no ones called the health department on them?

Wat did i just watch? What's the point of that?

Europeans seem to dislike gypsies. :lol: The ones in the states seem to be pretty decent (well gypsy heritage but not lifestyle). I remember one time in France, this person came up to me and said I dropped something and had their hands clenched with what it was i presumably dropped. Stretched my hand out to retrieve said item, and it was a necklace. Then he told me to give him 8 euros. I threw it right back at him and walked away cursing.

You watched few seconds of gypsy lifestyle. This is what they do.

Europeans seem to dislike gypsies. :lol: The ones in the states seem to be pretty decent (well gypsy heritage but not lifestyle). I remember one time in France, this person came up to me and said I dropped something and had their hands clenched with what it was i presumably dropped. Stretched my hand out to retrieve said item, and it was a necklace. Then he told me to give him 8 euros. I threw it right back at him and walked away cursing.

There's lot of black people playing these tricks on you in some parts of Paris. I stumbled upon some near Montmartre.

0Marty that seems awful, no ones called the health department on them?

Well I don't know about any calls, there may have been some, but I doubt it. Around here nobody gives a shit, turn your head and walk away is the motto.
Oh and yeah, they have some tricks. Like giving you things like watches as a gift and when you have them in hands, more people shows up and they want money or they beat you up. Never happend to me, they are a bit scared of me. They mostly can't recognise nazi/metalhead/hippie, so they are scared. Oh and when I was refering to "them", I meant white people too. They are also doing it, I just don't know what to call these groups so I put them in the same basket. I don't have anything against gypsies, but they tend to be involved in bad stuff.

Upper/middle-class guard-gated suburban neighborhood. Used to be a lot of families with spoiled shithead children running amok, but thankfully most of them had their homes foreclosed on so now it's just retirees and older professionals (doctors and such). There used to be a rapper with a pimped out Rolls as well. I love quiet, non-social suburban living. Fuck the underclass.

Suburbia. 5 miles one direction are two interstates, malls, etc. The other direction? Farms and horses and such. Overall a nice area if only the traffic weren't so terrible.

I used to live five minutes outside of downtown Boston; easy walk to bars and restaurants, and easy subway ride to anywhere.

My wife and I recently moved to the suburbs though, and it kind of sucks. Bigger place, cheaper price per square footage, but kind of boring neighborhood. Safe, cute, easy drive to local places; but none of the excitement and lifestyle of the city.

So I live in Long Beach. I actually live across the street-ish from the high school Nephilim goes to. That goddamn school is a pain in my ass. The parents double park everywhere, and two shithead kids tagged on the side of our building about a month ago. I also live on a busy street, so there's virtually no peace and quiet.

Aside from that, Long Beach is fantastic. It can get hot as balls here, but the majority of the year the weather is nice. Our particular neighborhood is slightly middle class. My girlfriend and I got a steal on our rent ($825 for a one bedroom). No shops or anything really in walking distance except a huge park and a few casual restaurants. The city as a whole has great eating and drinking options. We've talked about raising a family here and dreamt about buying a house that we'll never be able to afford.

Well, I sorta don't go there anymore. I transferred in October to a program where I do my work at home, yet I still go to said school to meet with my instructor to collect work and take tests. I'm just not technically a student there anymore (thank god). I'll probably be leaving this program early next school year though, and I'll be enrolling at LBCC or El Camino or wherever by the fall of 2015 (if not earlier).

I wish onder would respond to my second post in this thread.

You mean this one, the third one?

Your post about the gypsies made me think about a film I saw made by the Nazis in the ghetto. The point the nazis were trying to make was "look at these starving jews and look at these rich jews, the rich jews sit on rooftops in fancy clothes, fine dining, while the poor starve on the streets below them." - so in other words Jews are inhumane because they lack empathy. So according to nazi ideology, you must be a jew.

You didn't ask anything, you only called me a jew.

I live in midcoast rural Maine although it's becoming more like Northern Massachusetts(aka southern Maine).

I used to live five minutes outside of downtown Boston; easy walk to bars and restaurants, and easy subway ride to anywhere.

My wife and I recently moved to the suburbs though, and it kind of sucks. Bigger place, cheaper price per square footage, but kind of boring neighborhood. Safe, cute, easy drive to local places; but none of the excitement and lifestyle of the city.

Problem with Atlanta is you're either paying some serious rent, or you're in the hood... I mean, there's plenty of restaurant bars out here, but you gotta have a DD or spring for a taxi...

"Honeys in the street say, "Monty, yo we made it!"
It feels so good in my hood tonight
The summertime skirts and the guys in Kani
All the gang bangers forgot about the drive-by
You gotta get your groove on, before you go get paid
So tip up your cup and throw your hands up
And let me hear the party say"