Describe your hood

I live in a shitty suburb about a half hour from Detroit where nothing ever happens and where nothing ever will happen. outside of finding a dead body near the train tracks once, someone murdered a few blocks away via shotgun to the chest and a retaliatory fire bombing of the house it happened at, and some bizarre "husband getting served divorce papers then tried to go kill his wife but upon finding police at the house he drove off and offer himself" thing.

This is how we do it!
(This is how we do it!)
Sha la la la la la lo!
Shabada lo lo lo whoa!
Lo lo lo low-oh-oh!

shabada sha la la la!

My hood is grayscale in nature. Packs of hungry black dragons roam the streets, slurping the entrails of white men and gray men and even men darker than themselves. They pick their teeth with the bones of beloved pets while yeti demand protection dues from senior citizens who once, once upon a time, happily navigated these lands in search of grocery store work.

All the water, in every home, is a black gushing spout of murky blood leaked from bloated corpses beneath the city, where cannibalistic chupacabra tear at eachother's throats for dominance over the great fecal tree. Every light is the dimming soul of a child, and every corner has remained pitch black for over two hundred years.

The genitals of man and woman alike are displayed in the town center and worshipped by prostitutes, lavishly and desperately licking each one daily in hopes of eternal beauty. It never comes, and their graying pussies drag through the sludge of broken down cars, broken down spirits, and a broken universe of grimy glass, reflecting every horrendous atrocity in a million lives.

I only hope I'll live through the night.

Interesting thread here. I see 90% of you are from USA, so here's what happens in Italy.

I've been living in Rome since 2008, always in the same northern periphery hood. Most people are here because of lower prices (this is one of the most expensive cities about rent), but they don't "live" the hood or work here.

There's only one giant (for Italian standards) mall that was the start of everything back in 2006/2007, when people started actually living in small flats totally alike inside and outside looking too. Building companies have total control over peripheries, so when I go running sometimes I see popping up new building sites for more houses. Some of these builders are also into politics, so they can do more or less whatever they want. At least half of these apartments are still unsold, so they're just waiting for the city to get bigger and bigger and raise prices also here.

The only comfort is that we're near the ring highway that surrounds all the peripheries of the city, so if you have a car is ok (excluding traffic and crazy fuel prices). Public transportation sucks (and it's expensive too), so if you want to go to the city centre you'll need at least one hour or more.

About security, there's not much to worry about compared to other hoods, but some empty areas are used to leave stolen cars or motorcycles. Foreigners aren't much accepted yet here (Rome generally), we have lots of people from China, Romania, Albania, Morocco, Egypt, Bangladesh and so on, but crime tolerance is high so they're often linked to illegal business. Gypsies are a serious problem, lots of them come here to stay and none of them works. They steal for living, mostly, in all the ways you can imagine, not only against tourists in the city centre.

But it's a good city for metalheads: lots of small/medium venues where you can see bands of any kind, lots of pubs everywhere generally with good beers and food and affordable prices if you don't go to areas that are just "traps for tourists".

Almost needless to say, a ton of art and history testimonies more or less everywhere yo go, inside and outside the city. :)