Design Project/Bloodbath Art

LifeDepraved

My soul got a crack
Sep 9, 2002
Phoenix AZ
For class we got to pick whatever we wanted to do for an assignment so I knew right away what I was going to do. So I chose to put a Bloodbath artwork/package together. Below is the artwork I made and the finished project. I recieved an A+ on it plus some very nice comments. Please comment about this. Thanks :)

l_3a6f2c3b65de086c5d3cbcb6ae273209.jpg

image008go4.jpg

image021hk3.jpg

l_70f0b7f2c3ae92929b4f4f0b40c0af1d.jpg

Sorry for the low quality...camera phones ack!...

this should be called "warbridges of ravendeath" and be released in a special edition double picture vinyl limited to 666 copies that would cost 66$ a pop.

and yes i was thinking of immortal when i suggested the title:lol:

Well, I don't like it... too many colours, looks very Photoshopy:) But it's good base for a start:)

:( I used one filter and that was for the Skulls hanging. I put plenty of effort into this. I used photoshop and thats my main thing...and I'm told I'm pretty well at it so I will keep on using it. I should put more real drawings into it...but you can't please everyone.

:( I used one filter and that was for the Skulls hanging. I put plenty of effort into this. I used photoshop and thats my main thing...and I'm told I'm pretty well at it so I will keep on using it. I should put more real drawings into it...but you can't please everyone.
You're surely much beter than me at it, since you study it. It's just that it looks a bit like one big fiery orgy to me, there's not really much to see, just colours.

And I totally support you man, and honest criticism will help you most :)

Hmm...interesting concept. Not bad at all. Perhaps a bit more contrast could have been used to create more dark shadow on the cover. It all looks a tad bit washed out/blurry for my tastes. And, well...it kind of bugs me that there's so much red/yellow for the cover and then the actual logo is pretty much the exact same colour tone which doesn't make it pop out at you much. It gets lost in all that chaos for me. I would have chosen a completely different variation of red...perhaps a VERY crimson-like red, making it come across darker (it's just TOO bright.) Lastly, what's the name of the album? Haha.

All in all, I love the mesh of demonic, hellish imagery in the background. If you were going for the evil, hellish and creepy vibe (which is pretty apparent) you've definitely pulled that off.