Desolator - Spawn of Misanthropy (out 26 february)

Great gig last night from the guys despite Victor being sick. Dark Epitaph was the highlight for me, it works really well live, the temposhift around the 5min mark kicks ass.

Last edited:
Holy shit guys, the first track on Youtube was promising, but now that I'm listening to the whole thing on Spotify, I'm pretty blown away! Particularly Mr Parri's performance caught me off guard. To be brutally honest, I think the drums on Unearthly Monument are rather weak (also a production/mix issue), but on this new release the drums utterly slay! Causing the whole thing to come across way (and I mean WAY) more brutal and powerful than the album. You've shown tremendous progress, GREAT job!

Reactions: stefan86 and nizzon
Holy shit guys, the first track on Youtube was promising, but now that I'm listening to the whole thing on Spotify, I'm pretty blown away! Particularly Mr Parri's performance caught me off guard. To be brutally honest, I think the drums on Unearthly Monument are rather weak (also a production/mix issue), but on this new release the drums utterly slay! Causing the whole thing to come across way (and I mean WAY) more brutal and powerful than the album. You've shown tremendous progress, GREAT job!

Thank you <3

Parri is awesome, and he hits hard as fuck! The snare still echoes in my ears from saturday.

There have been more then one sound guy over the years who have asked him if he can play softer!
"do you have to hit that hard? It's too loud!" :lol:

He is really amazing though I really cannot say that enough. Every member of our band is imo pretty good on what they do and we are for the most part better musicians than other bands we play with on our level but Parri is just insane....

...and the little motherfucker can sing, play guitar and play bass really good as well....

So how much would it cost you all to go into a proper studio? Surely a good producer won't mind how hard he hits :)

It would cost us around 100 000 Swedish crowns to make a "real" album the way say Cannibal Corpse or Vader make their albums. And to put that in perspective my total salary in a YEAR is about 330 000.

Hence we need to reach the level where we are signed to Nuclear blast and tour the world or the next album will be out in 10 years if we have to save up enough money by ourselves.

100k is a lot. Whelp :erk:

Yes but then we are talking about the absolute best in studio and producer.
It could be done for much less of course but if you want to work with the biggest studios and producers that is the kind of money it will require. We will most likely build our own recording studio and record everything ourselves and then only have someone great do the mixing and mastering to make it sound somewhat decent. And even then we are talking about 20-30k.